Off The Shelf Stereo - R Reg Arosa

I've trolled the forum and given up in vain.... so apologies if this has been answered in a post already.

Some excellent advice on fitting Woofers, balancing speakers, etc... but, mine is a simple problem (or not as the case may be)

The standard casssete in my R Reg Arosa has kicked the bucket, and I'm left with no tunez...

Managed to get hold of a tasty, but normal, panasonic CD...

But, I don't particularly want tot fry it putting it in... now the CD manual says "beware Seat and VW" but give s no specifics...

I know I need an aerial adaptro (not an issue) BUT, it's the wiring that I'm not sure of... so, PLEASE a bit of advice to the meek.

My Question...

Can I just slot the new CD player in, using the ISO connectors in the wiring loom, or will I need to jig about with the loom on the stereo. It has a Red wire with an Acc label on it, and a Yellow wire with Batt. The yellow wire also has a female bullet connector extra (presumably to connect the red acc to permanent live?

Help??? :oops:

right heres the problem mate , VW in all there wisdom decided that they were not going to be normal so what u need to do change the red to red wire and the yellow to yellow wire so that it is red to yellow and yellow to red as VW decided that there wiring looms had to be different

heres a how to on the head unit subject

http://forum.clublupo.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6876

^ this only applies on models with Remote Central locking.

If you have to turn the key to get in your car then you'll need to join the reds and yellows together... i.e. 1 join for all 4 wires.

QUOTE(nfbr)
^ this only applies on models with Remote Central locking.

If you have to turn the key to get in your car then you'll need to join the reds and yellows together... i.e. 1 join for all 4 wires.

In other words connect the red (Acc) wire to the yellow creating a permanent live to the stereo?? Or do I need to connect both together coming from the stereo and then connect these combined wires to the red coming out of the ISO connector (if the red and yellow wires have been swapped about on the loom...)???

And no I don't have any kinda remote / central locking... well, apart from the fingers on mmy left hand, lol