Lupo drinking oil

Basically my lupo 1.4s has used I think it was 5l of oil in a month :S I had the oil light come on the dash at the beginning of December so topped it up, now I have service oil flashing on the trip meter :( I checked the dipstick and the oil is below the measuring bit of it. There has been no oil leaked on my drive when I have left my car there. It seems it has just drank it? Could it be the cold weather, or driving style? Any info will be much appreciated.

Service oil means it needs an oil change, nothing to do with a low oil level.

I'd imagine your piston rings/valve stem seals are beginning to go if it's using oil but not leaking, is it producing a bit of blue smoke while running?

This is a very common problem on 1.4's.

Service oil means it needs an oil change, nothing to do with a low oil level.

I'd imagine your piston rings/valve stem seals are beginning to go if it's using oil but not leaking, is it producing a bit of blue smoke while running?

This is a very common problem on 1.4's.

thanks for the reply.

Firstly i checked the dipstick and the oil level was below the measuring part of it so have now topped it up with more oil and seems to be okay. I believe it had an oil change at the last service, July time.

I think i may have figured out part of the reason, during the snow my dad used my car A LOT so the engine would have used a lot more oil then.

No, i have not noticed any smoke at all :)

Thanks

Mine used Alot of oil while all snow was around since it's gone filled it back up n it's been fine for last 2 weeks

Mine used Alot of oil while all snow was around since it's gone filled it back up n it's been fine for last 2 weeks