Gen 6x9 subs in rear quarter?

my 10'' rockford takes up too much of the boot. i also use the boot all the time for camera equipment and for my laptop so i really dont want a sub blasting away right next to them.

What comes to mind is putting some gen 6x9 subs in the rear quarter. has anyone ever done this on a lupo?

Have you removed the rear quarter panels yet to see what is behind them? If they all the same as the Gti then you are in for some serious metal extraction sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

all these questions! lol

Ok the holes that are there are for the same 16cm mids and the same tweets that are in the front.

Best thing would be to either.

1. Make up some speaker pods, so the speakers are on the out side of the door cards as LoudLupo did.

2. Use 16cm mid bass drivers into the stock location and cut out and fit grills like are on a GTi with rear speakers.

Maxx, define easy? :wink:

Its `do-able`.

Ahh it’s been one of those weeks! Not had a spare moment to follow up my post sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

So I had a quick look behind the panel and they appear to be the same as the GTi, space for a 16cm driver as said.

1. Make up some speaker pods, so the speakers are on the out side of the door cards as LoudLupo did.  

2. Use 16cm mid bass drivers into the stock location and cut out and fit grills like are on a GTi with rear speakers

1. Any pics of that?? I don’t think you would be able to achieve enough space for the Gen 6x9s in a sealed unit but as they will run `infinite-baffle` could be the answer.

2. I will not get enough bass out of a driver that small unless I use something like a JL 6W0 sub, but not being `infinite-baffle` could prove a problem as it would be almost imposable to seal the rear quarter 100%

I'll try and dig some pics out for you but i am pretty crap at things like that. Think your right about the sealing though, would be a complete and utter ass to try and seal.

Piece of piss to make though. Just cut a ring big enough to mount the speaker on to from 18mm mdf, screw that down to the door card. Cut a hole in the door card for the magnet to fit through. Staple some alu mesh covering the gap from the ring to the edge of the door card. Cover with p40 a couple of times, sand thencover with fabric.

Alternatively, you could buy my car for £3995 ono, rip the pods out for yourself, then scrap the car. Problem solved.