top mounts/camber?

Rudaz

changing my coilovers in the next few months and will be changing top mounts at the same time. really dont want to fork out for adjustable top mounts, but i would like to make the camber on my wheels naff off LOL its only on the front and is wearing the inside edge of my tyres way too fast for my liking, but a mate the other day who works for VW said that he is sure that lupo GTI's have adjustable camber anyway??? this true??? and how is it done??

any help appreciated. D

Loosen the two bolts that join the coilover strut to the hub. Pull the top of the brake disc out towards you, then tighten the bolts back up.

If that isn't enough adjustment, you can file out the holes slightly to give a bit more.

If you buy coilovers specifically for a Lupo GTI they will already have an elongated top hole, allowing you to set the camber correctly.

If you just get normal lupo coilovers then do what Phil said and file the hole. I have also heard you can use a narrower top bolt from a Mk2 Golf or something like that which will allow a bit of extra adjustment without filing the hole.

cheers for reply, the ones im getting are the fk's and yes they do specify for the GTI but ill get my mate on the case!! cheers :)

FK's so called 'GTi specific' kits are the same mountings as the non GTI models so need the holes modified to get correct tracking etc..

FK's so called 'GTi specific' kits are the same mountings as the non GTI models so need the holes modified to get correct tracking etc..

brill but this can be done with a file or similar just to elongate slightly?? What about the AP's? any idea??

I don't think FK's are GTI specific, they just make one type for all Lupos.

KW, for example, make a set for GTI's and a set for non-GTI's.

humm strange cos on the bay there is a set that specifies for GTI and then one that doesnt... :s

brill but this can be done with a file or similar just to elongate slightly?? What about the AP's? any idea??

I'd imagine a file or dremel with a suitable attachment would work - it'd probably invalidate the warranty though

AP does a kit that's properly designed for the GTI, so no need for any modification:

»AP APF coilover kit - Lupo GTI

thanks for your help, which would you recommend, i have a few mates who have tried both and all seem to say there is not much variation between the two, i have on the fk's at the moment so wouldnt want to go for a less than equal set..

so you recon if i went for those AP's then i would be easily able to straighten out my camber (well someone in the know would be able to? :lol: ) as apposed to the fk's.

once again thanks :)

those ones on the link only able me to lower the car 30-60mm?? want it as low as i have now, fully wound down on the fk's, dont know what this is in mm though but would have thought it would be more than 60mm??