Removing roof antenna

Thealex

How do I go about doing this? Never listen to the radio, so I want to remove it. It's one of those close to the boot so it is in the way if I want to mount a wing antenna :)

Do I have to remove the sealing trim and unscrew something or is it removable from the outside?

Not sure yet.. maybe make something out of fiberglass and paint it in the cars colour... Or a plasticthingy.. Same way as you fill the back window.. But I guess it might leak.. I dunno.. Just don't want the thing on my roof :P Maybe I should just get the splitted wing or something.

Remove the rear grab handles, pull the headliner from the back to upclip it, carefully pull it down. You will see the aerial is held on with a 22mm nut, undo this, unplug the aerial wiring and remove. Simples :)

Is this spoiler meant for a lupo , ive never known anyone so far have to remove the ariel just to put one on.

I didnt on mine

Then yeah it would explain why some you have seen are further back - When the GTi came out the hole was further away from the bootlid (because of the spoiler), this carried though the rest of the lupo range at the same time.

The Ariel is easy enough to remove though. Just make sure you have something to fill the hole in with.

Presume you don't really listen to the radio then?

I have heard that any lupo after 2001 is able to have a spoiler put on without the aerial being in the way as they are further away from the edge, i also have this problem as my lupo is 1999 and i really want a gti spoiler putting on :(