Future Lupo 1.0E Driver :D

RobJnr's Black Tird

Hello Club Lupo :D

Im lucky to be recieving my parents VW Lupo 1.0E in Black in february

Just been quoted £1,200 for my own insurance and £1,100 on parents insurance (17 years of age btw :) )

:)

Basically looking for any views on what i should do when i get the car which wont cost any more on insurance

The Lupo is totally standard with vw standard alloys

looking to get some vw mud flaps

side strips taking off ( im abit worried incase it goes wrong :P )

and badges sprayed black

Any more ideas would be great :D

:(

Pics will come soon as soon as i can get the car washed after the horrible winter

Edited by RobJnr's Black Tird

Who you getting insured with because that cheap :blink:

Its not all about your age and engine size! Things like Postcode, career come into it. An example is Ben on here, he is now getting a 1.4 lupo, and will probably insure it for the same price (if not cheaper) as some of us pay for our 1.0's. He lives in a quiet village some people live in the city, these things matter :)

Its not all about your age and engine size! Things like Postcode, career come into it. An example is Ben on here, he is now getting a 1.4 lupo, and will probably insure it for the same price (if not cheaper) as some of us pay for our 1.0's. He lives in a quiet village some people live in the city, these things matter :)

Yer, i know what you are saying.

I went on confused and got quoted by Quinn Direct, i was abit suprised aswell.

But i do live in a quiet neighbourhood (+) :)

Yer, i know what you are saying.

I went on confused and got quoted by Quinn Direct, i was abit suprised aswell.

But i do live in a quiet neighbourhood (+) :)

Quinn are crooks. They give you a quote, then when you pass they put it up loads (my mates 1400 pounds went up to 2800 when he passed). Loads of people on here know about quinn. Dont even bother :)

Quinn are crooks. They give you a quote, then when you pass they put it up loads (my mates 1400 pounds went up to 2800 when he passed). Loads of people on here know about quinn. Dont even bother :)

Im an Idiot -_- i put provisional instead of full on license type :/

i put full and it went up to 4500 :(

dont even fancy looking on how much it will be on my parents (peed off!)

Im an Idiot -_- i put provisional instead of full on license type :/

i put full and it went up to 4500 :(

dont even fancy looking on how much it will be on my parents (peed off!)

If you shop around for full, then the price is usually the same or cheaper for provisional :)

If you shop around for full, then the price is usually the same or cheaper for provisional :)

yer, this is complicated ;)

so your full license should be same or less than your provisional, so i should still be looking for around the 1,200 mark?

thanks alot!

No, the provisional shud be Cheaper or the same. Its coz u have a driver next to u ur less of a risk.

No, the provisional shud be Cheaper or the same. Its coz u have a driver next to u ur less of a risk.

Arr right, hope it isnt gunna cost a bomb!

Wheels?

i was thinking about borbets, some really nice ones on a website i was on.

depends on how much it effects insurance!

i was also thinking about windows tinted, does that effect your insurance?

No point looking at mods if its going to cost 3-4k to insure.

it would be just a luxury driving at 17 so not bothered about mods that will effect insurance atm :D

just trying to get ideas what i could do that would smarten the car up without effecting the insurance :/

have you tried moneysupermarket.com? i found my cheapest renewal on there i think moneysupermarket have the cheaper quotes anyway because they don't charge extra for using them to get insured but not to sure on that! also I'm on Quinn and have been for a year and a bit i think they are ok, have lovely irish ladies on the phone :D maybe put your parents on as additional drivers, that brings it down abit. :) good luck use parkers.co.uk to find the insurance group and bits

have you tried moneysupermarket.com? i found my cheapest renewal on there i think moneysupermarket have the cheaper quotes anyway because they don't charge extra for using them to get insured but not to sure on that! also I'm on Quinn and have been for a year and a bit i think they are ok, have lovely irish ladies on the phone :D maybe put your parents on as additional drivers, that brings it down abit. :) good luck use parkers.co.uk to find the insurance group and bits

Get it clean, serviced, sort out any scuffs? and as i said before a nice sound system ;)

yer, woudnt mind new radio which i could plug my ipod straight into :) and some new speakers :D

and them stupid plastic side strips off the car :@ haha

Edited by RobJnr's Black Tird

What do you mean by mods that wont effect insurance? Ones you think wont effect it or ones your insurance state wont effect it?

basically stuff i can do to the car like debadged ect that wont effect insurance price like alloys would lol :)