what should i do?

Jnmercury00

well i went and got the silver one without leather.

I'm well chuffed.

i managed to haggle a bit and got it down to 11,500 plus a full tank of fuel and the guy is picking me up from the train station on the day, i pick it up next thursday!

seems a bit expensive to me as u can get a new, non air con for that but so long as your happy with the car and the deal.....

well done, u will enjoy it. i thought when i got mine id get a `re-trim` later (nice deep red in decent quality leather) but for what itd cost im happy with the standard red & black seats

well i thought it was a good deal considering it does have a few extras. and bear in mind it hasn't been owned properly by anyone yet.

given the choice i would rather have one that have 4k on the clock and a few extras than one that is undriven and is standard.

what do you think i should have paid then?

oh and thanks for the haggling tips as it saved me a few hundred, i'm not a pro yet though. lol

`Anti-lock` brakes

Full service history

4 x air bags

Manufacturers warranty until 23/06/2007

Air conditioning

Immobiliser

Manufacturer alarm

Single CD player

15" Bathurst alloy wheels

Front fog lamps

Electric heated mirrors

Headlamp wash

Heated front seats

Sport seats

6 speed manual gearbox

Xenon head lamps

Power steering

Colour coded bumpers

4 manual seats

Colour coded mirrors

so do you people think i am not getting a good deal here?

i think the guy wouldn't go any lower because of the fact that it hasn't had any registered owners yet, so they know exactly who has driven it and how.

I would still try for £11k though mate.

The new Lupo is getting released soon, and there will be a GTi model of that.

And no matter what we all think to the look of it, I would put cash on it it will be a good car.

Just point this out to them, and say you think £11k is a fare price for a end of year production car.

If they say no again you can always agree to £11.5k

I think Ive read it correctly that its got £4k miles on the clock with no owners.

That meens its been maybe a VW test car. So should have been maintained very well.

Wish I had aircon. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> lol

Got any pics?

it's on autotrader, exchange and mart and the vw website but you can't link to them cos it's java or whatever.

it's on there under listers evesham.

and no, they don't come withfront foglights, i just copied and pasted it from vw.

i know this will rock the boat here but i must be honest...cars owned and kept by the dealers get f*cked hard then tarted up for sale....even more so the fast models.

the dealer that sold me my GTI happily told me that the loop GTI I was testdriving had been absolutely hammered since 12 miles on the clock, regularly driven hard on a cold engine 'to warm it up' and raced against one of the boras they had in.....oh and had been crashed when i went to pick up my car, but would be repaired and put as an ex demo on the forcourt.....he then told me how he couldnt wait to get his hands on the new golf GTI.

Im not saying this is the same with all cars but u should keep it in mind. Also, yes that price is too high for a used one, I know its got air con and heated seats but its a used car, now out of production and like tigz said soon to be replaced by the new model....i think u should still be able to get a better price.

i know this will rock the boat here but i must be honest...cars owned and kept by the dealers get f*cked hard then tarted up for sale....even more so the fast models.

the dealer that sold me my GTI happily told me that the loop GTI I was testdriving had been absolutely hammered since 12 miles on the clock, regularly driven hard on a cold engine 'to warm it up' and raced against one of the boras they had in.....oh and had been crashed when i went to pick up my car, but would be repaired and put as an ex demo on the forcourt.....he then told me how he couldnt wait to get his hands on the new golf GTI.

Im not saying this is the same with all cars but u should keep it in mind. Also, yes that price is too high for a used one, I know its got air con and heated seats but its a used car, now out of production and like tigz said soon to be replaced by the new model....i think u should still be able to get a better price.

well i still haven't officially bought it, just paid a deposit. but not all dealers are the same, anyway, it's just the same risk if i bought one privately.

i know the price is a bit high and i tried all the lines that you suggested but he wouldn't go any lower, at least i can see it on the day and get my deposit back if i don't like it.

i am gonna phone him monday and raise some queries about the things you said, such as the demo cars being ragged about and the fact that a new lupo is coming out. maybe i can get it down another 2 or 3 hundred.

when is the new lupo coming out? just so i know.

as you said before, all i have to lose is money.

For me as soon as i saw one with leather and air con i bought it! I love my leather seats and am really glad that i held out for them.

Dan gti You are talking complete tripe!! All leather seats stretch slightly because its leather!!!!!! no matter how much you pay for them!

horrible sheeny look like u get in fords and sagging and creasing on the seat / back bits.......look at good leather seats and u just dont get that.
Sounds like someone that couldnt afford leather to me biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

A full retrims not such a good idea as you'll stuggle to get a good job done for less than a grand and they wont be to the same standard as the vag ones.

A full retrims not such a good idea as you'll stuggle to get a good job done for less than a grand and they wont be to the same standard as the vag ones.

It is possable to get as good as a VW finish for under a grand.

If Darren had had just black it would have been even cheaper.

Remember also that VW dont trim the rear of the seats in leather. This trim was.

So was the parcel shelf :wink:

Jnmercury00, obviously the dealer will say 'no of course theyre treated with the best care'.....i was just pointing out that this is what happens cos theyre not theyre own cars so as long as they still look good theres no prob for them....im just saying be careful cos u are in the price range of a completely new, unused one....and no 2nd hand u dont really run this risk....people are normally reasonably careful not to f*ck up their own cars.

Dare, it wasnt a personal dig at lupo owners with leather....if I wanted it I couldve bought it - money was not an issue...fact is I didnt like it and didnt think its worth the £.....as for the sagging, I have seen Mazda's, Jag's, old Porsche's and Audi's (thinking off the top of my head) whos leather seats do not have this creased saggy look, or the cheap sheeny vinyl quality. Like I said, didnt write it to upset u...just saying.

Not a bad effort in the pics. Out of interest are they heated? They came to around a grand which is very cheap!! Wheres he from? I suppose him doing some of the work himself saved him a few quid too. I prefer mine for the money and would like to see them in the flesh before judging whether they are as good quality as the vw's

Remember also that VW dont trim the rear of the seats in leather. This trim was.
They do the fronts and the backs arent covered incase you want to put something in your boot.

I like the idea of a leather parcel shelf!

DanGti I didnt treat it as a dig as you have a right to your opinion, i was just pointing out that you were wrong biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Cheap saggy vinyl look??? How many gti's with leather have you sat? "Vinyl", i just fail to understand how you can describe it as that, mine are gourgous(sp)!! :?