boot wont open

I put the work xmas hamper in the boot today(mainly to prove it would fit in to people at work!) And I went to get it out and the boot won't open.

I can open it from the inside but that's it. The seat badge won't even clunk when you try to open it.

Any suggestions of the cause? Nothing is obstructing it that I can see. I've not checked out the mechinism propely because its dark.

Anything else it could be?

mine did this when you take the plastic cover off theres a little barrel on the mech if you rotate it a bit it works fine i think that over time it loosens then one heavy close nocks it round very simple to do

On which bit? Do i need to take the plastic cover off the boot? Or is it the bit on the bottom that i need to look at?

Thanks

you take the plastic cover off then its on the back of the actual badge/handle on the hinge part best thing to do is

take plastic off then release boot then close the catch with a screwdriver then have a play until it works if you get what i mean bit hard to describe but i fixed mine on my lunch break

Work xmas hamper is out the car and inside, dont worry B) And very nice it is too!

Ill take that cover off and check it out when ive got time, might be next week now.

Cheers for the help, if it all goes wrong ill be back :lol: :lol: