2 weeks of learning photoshop

BEP51

Pen tool is your friend, it's the only way you should be selecting things! As for whoever said 'it comes preloaded on laptops now' no, it does not. CS6 costs upwards of £350+ of course it's readily available from your favourite torrent website.

Interestingly enough (but quite off topic) adobe are looking to combat piracy in there next update of Creative Suite turning it into 'Creative Cloud' where you pay a monthly fee to use the software you never actually download it. You can pay £46.88 a month and even once you exceed the average cost of what photoshop is now (£350+) you won't actually have the software. You're paying to rent it and never actually own it, it's a bold move by Adobe.

Anyway... shops looks good keep it up. Nice to see a newbie not oversaturating every image, placing some dodgey text or using selective colour.

EDIT: Talk about digging up an old thread, it's early and I should have realised this was 2 years ago. oops.

Edited by matt123roll

EDIT: Talk about digging up an old thread, it's early and I should have realised this was 2 years ago. oops.

Yeh, ive come on a fair bit since with a few years of use, nice to look back and see what i started from lol.

Only really use photoshop for graphic assembly now, not done any cars in a while, may try and make an up to date shop to compare with these old ones lol!

Interestingly enough (but quite off topic) adobe are looking to combat piracy in there next update of Creative Suite turning it into 'Creative Cloud' where you pay a monthly fee to use the software you never actually download it. You can pay £46.88 a month and even once you exceed the average cost of what photoshop is now (£350+) you won't actually have the software. You're paying to rent it and never actually own it, it's a bold move by Adobe.

If it was around £50 to buy it outright, I would purchase it. Their £660.51 (in VAT) is a joke.

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html

You bought into Creative Cloud?

Edited by DarkStryder360

If it was around £50 to buy it outright, I would purchase it. Their £660.51 (in VAT) is a joke.

http://www.adobe.com/uk/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_catalog_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html

You bought into Creative Cloud?

Creative suite is a very powerful software bundle, you can make a LOT of money if you're good with it so I understand the price tag. The development and features added over the last 10 years are another reason I think the pricing is fair. However creative cloud seems like paying a sky subscription, you pay for something and might have paid £1000 over the year but when you stop paying you don't have anything to show for it!

Time will tell but I'll be sticking with CS6 for the forceable future, I'll be interested to see if my uni upgrades our suites to creative cloud or stays put on CS6.