NEED HELP (EXHAUST)

paulbin

ok people im really annoyed, i just brought myself a new twin tail pipe exhaust for my car, its a scorpion stainless steel one, anyway its for a GTi but its really crappy fitting, i dont know whether my brother has fit if right but the box sits about `1-2` inches off the ground and u can see most of it hanging down from the back bumper theres lost of room for it to sit up into the car but as soon as u push it up the rest of the tail pipe sits at an angle sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> im really annoyed, can any1 help

hey mate - point one - loved your photoshop in previous months pvw - it was sweet. anyway, with regards to exhaust have a play with rubbers or gently move brackets in a vice. on t'other hand get on to scorpion to give them some crap, they might not be that generous though seeing as it's meant to be for gti - thats about the limit of my offerings - hope you work it out mate!

would be highly suprised if it was the rubbers Andi!

can only be brackets or the fixing were it goes onto the centre section, try moving that around to get it to fit better!

the thing is my bloody brother cut the old exhaust of and i dont think there is enough on the centre section so it maybe the case that its sitting to far in, do u think a part of the old pipe can be welded back to the centre section?

hahhaa, Vw in there wisedom fitted the back box and centre section as one piece and also fitted it before the rear beam (buggers) so you have to cut it off (did that make sense lol)

i still think that using part of your brother's scalp will solve all your problems. apparently skin is one of the best sealants known to man....according to my brother;....but he rides motorbikes and is a bit of a ****wit, so i'm not sure how reliable this info is!....seriously, all SENSIBLE info given on here is spot on imho.

ok people, im confused heres the pics of the exhaust that the previous owner took

Dscf0005.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Dscf0004.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

scorpion.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

now in the first picture u can see and bend in the pipe at the rear does this go over the rear axel or just behind it? becuase if u goes over the axel the exhausts sits to far back. any 1 know how far the end pipes need to stick out?

Dude, Im sorry I didnt reply earlier but I had an emergancy and had to go out.

Theexhaust fits under the rear axle.

You can fit it one of two ways.

Either cut the exhaust so you can fit the front section, then the rear section and sleve the join.

This is the easiest way to do it.

The other way would be to remove the rear axle, and fit the zaust and then `re-fit` the axle.

Id do option 1.

the good news is, that your exhaust isnt wrong smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

ok people, update on the exhaust, we had to cut more off the centre section as it was joining on a bend so forcing it to the floor, we lined it all up, the mounts didnt line straight up but we got it all on in the end, the back box fits nicely in the space the only problem is that it look like it needs to come out the back alittle more as the pipes are sitting halfway on the cutout of the exhaust, and also the bend that comes off the pipes that join to the box sits under the car and not beside the spare wheel. we also made up a bracket for one of the mounts as the VW one wasnt going to fit. Other than that it doesnt bang which is a plus i suppose,