RCD 310 MK 6 Golf stereo

I've basically just bought one and want to install it into the lupo...I've heard it won't work or fit...

Could I bodge it to get it to work and make it fit lol. :confused:

Any advice? :blush:

Thanks.

P.s if i can't get it work then i'll have to re-sell it but I got it at a bargain price ;) so not a major error.

has anyone actually tried to fit one though in a lupo? If not I may be the first, i might have to customise the dash but i know people who can do that.

Size is a lot bigger and the connections differ being a quadlock not ISO.

You will also have the issue that the Mk6 Golf RCD310 will not even work in most Mk5 Golfs that have the similiar RCD300 as an extra canbus was added and this prevents the stereo from working properly in the early to mid Mk5 (small number of late mk5 are fine as tried it in my Mk5 without joy)............with all that going on, to get the RCD310 to work in a technically prehistoric set up that the Lupo has when compared to the new VW family is going to be difficult or near impossible.

has anyone actually tried to fit one though in a lupo? If not I may be the first, i might have to customise the dash but i know people who can do that.

No offense but have you even seen this radio you've bought? Sure you can customise the dash, but what's the point in spending a shed load of money on having a fibreglass dash made up and a heck of a lot of wiring altered to fit a Can-Bus stereo into your lupo, when the stereo you've got is a 'Bottom end' one and your car is worth £2500-£3500.

You'll gain nothing above the standard stereo.

No i paid £41 quid for it and I like the look of it, much better than the **** i have got in my dash at the moment lol which is a no make crappy thing.

My boyfriend is an electrician so he said he could wire it up for me no problems, but even if it doesn't work or whatever i'll just sell it, after all i only paid £41 and they're easily selling for £200...

Thanks Mike for your honest answer though, I appreciate your advice, I just can't resist a bargain LOL :lol:

• 1 year later...