My Mk2 GTi 8v

scoobydoo

Hi all

Just back from a years travelling in australia and indonesia. after searching for a car in my price limit for ages i stumbled across this little gem. wanted another lupo but my first one cost me a fortune so my next one will cost more lol

Her name is Robin the red gti and its a clean enough motor with a wee bit to do on the outside..inside is real clean though so im happy about that.engine is 8v just had a big service with timing belt etc. only aftermarket thing under there is a k&n.

first up chrome badges as i hate black ones. having problems with the full beams not working.. it has some laquer peel around the rear windows which will need sorted. one of the clips on the grille is snapped to so may just get a badgeless grille and fit a chrome badge to the back.

anywho took these snaps fresh when i got it home so hadnt cleaned it or anything but it came up well with some back to black and a wash.

p1010202j.th.jpg

p1010201t.th.jpg

p1010200b.th.jpg

p1010199z.th.jpg

p1010205.th.jpg

p1010204s.th.jpg

p1010203xi.th.jpg

sweet

cheers folks

Glen

Edited by scoobydoo

mk2 looks really well! is this the one that used to sit up at the garage in the craigantlet hills?

i used to have one nearly identical but unfortunately had to sell it a few months ago,

really miss it, cant beat the feeling of an older vw!

mk2 looks really well! is this the one that used to sit up at the garage in the craigantlet hills?

i used to have one nearly identical but unfortunately had to sell it a few months ago,

really miss it, cant beat the feeling of an older vw!

it might be. i bought it off a guy that had got it from a garagei think. it originally ued to sit around the corner from me in bangor and he traded it in to a garage. new guy bought it.. couldnt insure as he was 21 so i go it for cheap!!! i do love it but u get the odd light come on for a second ever now and again and your heart drops lol..

looking good. As said on RMS they do look like G60 arches? please tell me your not changing the echaust :o

mikey

im not sure on the arches i did think they were a touch large for a gti.. the guy who had it for a couple of weeks before me changed the exhaust to this one as it had a sports exhaust apparently. it makes an epic sound so will stay as is.

• 3 weeks later...