Electic folding roof not working

Shufty

Has anyone got any info on electric folding roofs, ive just bougth a Lupo but the roofs not working. The motor works but when you press the button to open the sun roof there seems to be a sight movement for a couple of seconds then like a tapping noise has though its jammed, then the same when you press the close button. im sure theres a lupopion who knows whats wrong out there????

if its the same webasto roof i used to have on my cinquecento they have alot of problems with the locks jamming,

dont try and fix it yourself unless you have alot of experience speak to an expert there just a pain

• 8 months later...

Sometimes a small piece of plastic gets caught in the runners and activates the safety stop. Has happened on a few sunroofs of this era of VW's.

Cheers, James.

My lupo has this problem we have a manual to tell us how to fix it but it always starts with a open roof, we cant open the roof so cnnot follow the manual. the motor clicks and nothing happens.

if its the same as the one on my 6n polo if you take the cover off where the interior light is you will see like a handle insert it into the mechanism and try and open it manually it tells you where and how to do it in the handbook if you have one.

if its the same as the one on my 6n polo if you take the cover off where the interior light is you will see like a handle insert it into the mechanism and try and open it manually it tells you where and how to do it in the handbook if you have one.

on the lupo you can only close with the allen key handle....... still stuck

• 4 weeks later...