Rear squirter not squirting! Help :(

Right, I was driving along in the Loopy yesterday when I heard a dodgy noise, couldn't work out what it was, kinda weird, coming from the sorta rear passenger side, and went on for about 10 seconds then stopped, so I thought nothing more of it...

That was until I went to squirt the back windscreen - it made the noise but no liquid and the wiper still did the 3 wipes thing... It was working up until that dodgy noise and still not working now.

I thought it may be something silly like all out of the liquid, so filled it all up and the front squirters worked throughout this no probs. So it can't be that..

Can anyone suggest anything before I have to take him into VW and be ripped off ? Warranty ran out 2 months ago sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Thanks in advance

this is just a guess but i have read it here before , that the rear washer pipe has become blocked or broken , check the boot for water ( down where the spare is ment to be where u have the battery on the gti and check to make sure that the water isnt leaking into the boot , correct me if i am wrong tigz

Right I've been in the boot and it's dry, looked in the spare wheel well where battery sits and that's completely dry.. had a feel around all the pipes I could see any no signs that they're broken or leaking etc.. Also prodded a needle in the eye where the water squirts out to see if that could be blocked and it's still not working.. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

u should really take the rear panel off the tailgate and have a minty look in there tbh! might be a dry connection on the connector or something like that. You need a t25 torques bit to undo the screws that hold the panel in or a frendly quik fit wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> i'm sure u will think of something!

fuse box is situated below steering wheel to the right ( think there is only the one pump that runs the front and the back washers!?)

hope that helps!

There is a little black plastic piece that connects the pipe that leads to the water bottle, to the pipe that goes through the centre of the motor. It is not made of flexible plastic. So when the water freezes in it, it cracks. That’s what happened in my car recently.

u should really take the rear panel off the tailgate and have a minty look in there tbh! might be a dry connection on the connector or something like that. You need a t25 torques bit to undo the screws that hold the panel in or a frendly quik fit wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> i'm sure u will think of something!

fuse box is situated below steering wheel to the right ( think there is only the one pump that runs the front and the back washers!?)

hope that helps!

Hhmmmm all sounds very complicated for a girlie like me... I wouldn't know what a t25 screw driver was if it hit me on the head lol... I will either locate a man to do it or book him into VW :S It's a total nightmare in this weather - can't see a thing out (bit like you Ross & Andi with no wipers tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> lol)

Cheers for the input, I may have a gander at the fuses and see if its them as that's easy enough. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

could be worse u could be like me and living in scotland where it rains more often than not , i dont use mine at all or the wiper cause i am gonna get rid

try taking the near side rear 1/4 pannel trim off there is a join in the pipe

that pops off. i had that problam when the jet frezzes or gets blocked it either pops the joint off the motor or the one behind the 1/4 pannel trim i super glued it up and has nether done it agian

Marky