Lupo GTI Keyfob

Having a problem with the keyfobs on the Lupo GTI. We were parked at the supermarket and when I came up to the car the buttons on the key were not unlocking the car. I placed the key in the drivers door lock and turned it when I opened the door the alarm when off and kept on going for a good 5 minutes. I even tried turning the key in the ignition but the alarm kept going.

I ran back into the shop and purchased two new batteries and placed them into the two keyfobs I have but both are not working.

Eventually it stopped and I was able to drive the car without looking like I stole it.

Does the keyfobs have to be coded again? Is there some process to go through on the keyfob to make them work the alarm again or do I need to purchase some new ones?

Any help would be appreciated.

Procedure

1. Switch Ignition ON and leave the key in the ignition.

2. Mechanically lock the vehicle using the Drivers door using a second

key.

3. Using the remote control press the Unlock button once, and the horn

will sound once.

4. Wait 6 seconds and press the unlock button once to activate the coding

procedure. The remote control will now be programmed.

NOTE : When performing programming on additional remotes the procedure

is the same, except you press the unlock button 2, 3 or 4 times for the

different remote.

For example : If programming 2 remotes press the unlock button twice with

a 1 second interval between each press, repeat for 3 and 4 remotes.

5. Switch Ignition OFF.

6. Remove key from ignition and check for operation.

7. The coding procedure can be repeated up to 4 times for additional remotes.

8. The ignition must be switched OFF between programming each remote

control.

Try this.

i had an issue with this when replacing batteries in one of my fobs. I asked for help and got about 5 different procedures each one slightly different to the next and none of them worked, this one is new to me so will have to try this one as well now lol. one day my tidy fob will work again :wacko:

i had an issue with this when replacing batteries in one of my fobs. I asked for help and got about 5 different procedures each one slightly different to the next and none of them worked, this one is new to me so will have to try this one as well now lol. one day my tidy fob will work again :wacko:

That deffo works, coded a new fob to my mums car tonight. Also worked with your existing keys fine.

ideal, well its gone back to the body shop for them to fix the shoddy work they did (VW approved repairers-lol) so will give it a bash when i get it back. At the moment they gave me a citreon c2 vtr, its so slow its painful so am guessing its the 1.1i or the 1.4. Either way i am not impressed at all :(

Try this.

So the key you are trying to code goes in the ignition? Or in the door?

Do you have to have a remote key in the ignition? Reason I ask is I have tried procedure before with no success.

So the key you are trying to code goes in the ignition? Or in the door?

Do you have to have a remote key in the ignition? Reason I ask is I have tried procedure before with no success.

Key to be coded in door, and a key in the ignition.

There is a video on youtube, but I can't find it.

Gave it a shot but it is not having it.

Both keyfobs have brand new batteries but when you press them none of them have the red light coming on. When you put the key in the ignition and then one in the door the horn isn't sounding.

Would it be worth getting two new keys which are the newer three button type and get them coded by VW. My brother works for Audi so has contacts at VW.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

what if you only have one key? how can you program that as mine doesnt work. i changed the battery and the light comes on but nothing happens.

Should be able to follow the instructions in the hand book.

this is gonna sound stupid and im abit annoyed with myself aswell... but when i bought the car i forgot to ask for the hand book ...i dont even think he had one. anyway... if its in the hand book i'l try and source one out and check it out. cheers