Fully adjustable coilovers

GTi Si

Edit: Just been looking at the H&R and it says up to 50mm drop rear? (Is that a load of crap / do u have them set as low as possible at the rear?

I bought part number `29479-2`

http://www.`hr-spezialfedern`.de/index.php

`29479-2` VW Lupo GTI Typ 6ES

lowering [mm] rear axle 20 - 60, lowering [mm] front axle 30 - 70, year: from: 05.2000

I measured mine against Essex car and it was `60-45`. 2/3 of the rear adjustment is used

How do you mean by floaty?

The springs aren't that hard, so over bumps on the motorway and dual carriageways it can seem like the suspension is compressing in slow motion when you come back down the other side, but imo that's a small price to pay for it not being really crashy.

Fin's coilovers were Koni im sure.

The FK ones use Koni shock absorbers. Think FK basically make the springs for Koni kits and Koni supply the shocks for FK kits. Two different brands (people often buy a name they like) but both have the same bits really.

Before FK get slated my Konigspports have been on for 35000 miles now and are still impressing me. The point Tigz made about them being hard is very true but all remember both my car and Tigz are very low compared to alot of others on here.

Tigz has his wound fully down all round and I have mine about -90mm all round so our cars will be hard and crashy. Also we both have our damping set too maximum hardness so that wont help comfort either.

When I first fitted my coilovers on middle hardness and about -50mm I remember thinking how comfy they were and how everyone that said coilovers are not for road use were soooo wrong. Its just the "wind it lower" devil got me and im on the floor now.

I did mention this. and i think if people want to lower their car and maintain a good ride, they MUST get good quality adjustable shocks, and that wether its coilovers or spring/shock combos.

All the spring does is handle the weight of the car and its load and controls ther forces that cornering puts through them. The damper does all the rest. Thats why people say dont put lower/stiffer spring on standard dampers. The shocks can't handle it. And you will find that if you hit a bump, the car will bounce a few more times than it did before because the stronger spring is pushing the car up faster than the standard ones.

To stop that you need more rebound ie more adjustment.

There is so much to know about suspension and to explain it there are complete books on it. And to say what better is all down to each persons opinion.

Work out what you want do you want looks or handling or both. If you want a car that you can fine tune the ride height and ride quality then go for a coilover with adjustable damping and just see how much you want to spend.

I was thinking of adjustable H&R's but didn't really want to for out Nearly £800, then theres KW's and ive never heard much about them, they were around £700 mark, still too much. And finally the fk's with Koni "Adjustables" which are the best shocks i've ever used. and the only problem was the camber hole wasn't big enough. but other than that i can't knock 'em. oh and they're quite reasonably priced.