Need help so badly

DrPye

Hi im not a big forum guy so I dont usually post im more of a go to the show and meet people kinda guy

Anyway, I have my Seat Arosa 'R' reg, it currently has a 1.6 engine out of a polo in it that the previous owner did.

My dilemma: I blew up the engine (seized it)so i need a new engine, I was told that my engine is the 100hp version but I have no clue of my engine code or anything! All i know is that its a polo engine out of a 6n.

So ive scoured the forums and theirs little to none information about engine conversions.

So im basically asking for a list of engines that could go into my 1.0 arosa that wouldnt be too hard to do and to source!

Id really appreciate it thanks

DocP

your engine will be a 1600 8 v seat cordoba/ ibiza used these more than polo.

1043cc straight-4 petrol 45 PS (33 kW; 44 hp) (1995–97)

* 1272cc straight-4 petrol 55 PS (40 kW; 54 hp) (1995–96)

* 1.6L straight-4 petrol 75 PS (55 kW; 74 hp)

* 1.4L straight-4 16 valve petrol 100 PS (74 kW; 99 hp) (Engine Code - AFH)

* 1.4L straight-4 petrol 60 PS (44 kW; 59 hp)(1996–)

* 999cc straight-4 petrol 50 PS (37 kW; 49 hp) — all-new aluminium block multi-point injection (1997–)

* 1.6L straight-4 16 valve petrol 120 PS (88 kW; 120 hp) (LHD European GTI model only)

* 1.6L straight-4 petrol 100 PS (74 kW; 99 hp) (6K saloon and estate models only)

* 1.6L straight-4 petrol 75 PS (55 kW; 74 hp) (6K saloon and estate models only)

* 1.9L straight-4 diesel 64 PS (47 kW; 63 hp)

3rd from bottom, at the minute i have a seat cordoba estate / polo est, running 1600 8v 75 bhp, however there is a version with 100 bhp same as the polo estate listed .

ya miss read me, I know theres a 100hp 1.6 8v i just wondering what the code is for that engine as i dont wanna go down to the 75hp one and lose that 25hp. Ive looked everywere and there isnt a list telling me what power comes from what code... if that makes sence.

I always thought AEE was 75hp?

well there are conflicting posts about it all over, but what i can find is ,

AEK AFT and AKS are the 100BHP

i was under the assumption that the aee was available in both 75 and 100,

i was under the assumption that the aee was available in both 75 and 100,

Well under that statement the engines must be the same just different cam or something to gain the extra power. I think I'll just get the aee and hope for the best! As the other engines are hard to find!

As far as i know the AEE prodeuces 75bhp, how ever if you fit the injection system from a mk2f/mk3 polo GT, this is ment to bring it up to around 100bhp, not done it myself so cant vouch for it how ever there is lots of info about it on club polo.

• 3 weeks later...