Clutch :(

Alex L

Was in Morrison's car park, put the clutch in and I heard a horrible snap. There is no resistance in the clutch now, the pedal is just loose. Had to wait 1 hour 30 for breakdown recovery :(

Any ideas what has happened and how much the garage will likely charge me?

Was in Morrison's car park, put the clutch in and I heard a horrible snap. There is no resistance in the clutch now, the pedal is just loose. Had to wait 1 hour 30 for breakdown recovery :(

Any ideas what has happened and how much the garage will likely charge me?

Sounds like your pedal box, mine was on the verge of doing that! But if you get in touch with your local VW Dealership they MAY repair it for free, you've just got to ask around :)

Before doing that, check your clutch cable, see if it is still intact or connected properly etc, I'm sure you've tried all that though!

Edited by lukew91091

I had this problem in my previous Lupo and so did my mate. It's the pedal box. I took it round to my local garage and they fitted a small bracket which helped it for a while. He also fixed the clutch pedal by pretty much bolting it to the chassis. Dont know how it worked but basically the bracket has an adjustable spring which is adjusted to suit the clutch. Never cost me alot, around £100 i think, but to be honest you would be better off buying a new pedal box...

I had this problem in my previous Lupo and so did my mate. It's the pedal box. I took it round to my local garage and they fitted a small bracket which helped it for a while. He also fixed the clutch pedal by pretty much bolting it to the chassis. Dont know how it worked but basically the bracket has an adjustable spring which is adjusted to suit the clutch. Never cost me alot, around £100 i think, but to be honest you would be better off buying a new pedal box...

Cost you £100 and they never fitted a new pedal box?