Battery Problem

Reet i have my motor back but the battery isnt holding charge, its been tested and app there is something that is making it ripple so that its not holding a constant charge etc.. any ideas??

even if the car hasnt moved for a month it would still be the alternator? plus battery was on charge for an hour or so to help it and she started but then left overnight no dead again.. after a run of 12 miles??

Edited by andyp

that could be just a dead battery, not necessarily an alternator. you need a multimeter to see if the alternator is charging the battery (normally and under load). i would think its a battery fault not holding the charge. other than that you would have to check for a current drain from the battery and pinpoint were the drain is from. have known alternators with smart charge built in cause a drain. take the car to a garage that will do a free winter check and ask them to do a battery drop test, that would tell you if the batterys faulty.