Alloy wheel refurbishment?

chrisash32

Hi Everyone,

I have a set of 4 15 inch wheels that are in a sorry state and need bringing back unto spec. they are currently in black and i want them refurbed back to a dark silver.

Can anyone recommend anywhere decent in the North West that reasonably priced?? The wheels are not on the car at the min so i can leave them with a company.

Cheers!

Chris

Rough prices seem to vary from £30 to over £50 a wheel depending exactly what you want doing and what kind of condition they are in .

So if they are cheap wheels sometimes its best to give them a go yourself as a full refurb can cost as much as some second hand wheels .

Edited by scotty_82

Rough prices seem to vary from £30 to over £50 a wheel depending exactly what you want doing and what kind of condition they are in .

So if they are cheap wheels sometimes its best to give them a go yourself as a full refurb can cost as much as some second hand wheels .

If you know a company doing them for £30 a wheel, please let me know who they are! :D

They are not in too bad a condition, the odd scuff here and there. They just need stripping back to metal and re painting a nicer colour.

I have tried to do it myself, and i have done one wheel so far, however i just don't have the time to finish them off.

Cheers

As said it all depends on what needs doing, a simple sand or media blast and repowder coated shouldn't cost more than 30 a wheel, damage repair and being recut is always going to cost more as is certain finishes

i refurb wheels and i'm in north west, drop me a pm

do you do everything lol? plastic welding, trimming and spraying! do you have any examples of your plastic welding and refurbing wheels?

Guest mirrorblanks

yes i pretty much do everything, i'm a panel beater/painter by trade but have thrown my hand to everything really, even mechanic work

refurbing wheels is basically the same as doing any bodywork

If you know a company doing them for £30 a wheel, please let me know who they are! :D

They are not in too bad a condition, the odd scuff here and there. They just need stripping back to metal and re painting a nicer colour.

i charge £30 a wheel

Guest mirrorblanks

i don't trust sandblasting on wheels, can put little pits in the alloy, i d/a sand them all back, they are painted with spray gun for £30, i can get them powdercoated but that would be extra

Guest mirrorblanks

sprayed with a can though i'm guessing

when sprayed with a spray gun and baked in a spray booth they last alot longer than just painted with a can

powder coating is more expensive but is very durable

Edited by mirrorblanks

^^^^^ he speaks the truth , painting usually has more colour options but can be more prone to chips , but its just like with the paint on the car tbh.

Powder coating lasts a bit longer and again is a bit more durable but colours can be a little limited and obviously it costs more.