remote locking kits

siobhan

Hi all

Would like to upgrade my central locking to remote locking but i dont know what kit to go for :confused:

Have browsed the site,found a post about fitting remote locking and someone mentioned rclick.

Just wondered if anyone has bought off rclick and if so which kit is the easiest to fit?

Also if anyone knows of any kits other than rclick that are easy to fit,let me know.

Any help appreciated :)

Thanks!

Siobhan.

Edited by siobhan

i dint have central locking at all in my 1999 1ltr, i got one of them rightclick flip key remote locking kits, not sure how it would work on yours as u already have central locking, im sure u could use the motors in the doors already and wire hack em to the new remote kit, then use the micro chip thats in your old key and be carefull to get it out without breaking it, then u need the hu66 blade they do i think and get it cut at a locky, im not 100 percent on it,

I have Rclick fitted on my 1.4s, I fitted it about 3 years back and its still working fine. I didn't need the motors as its central locking anyway. I also have the flip key remotes they do, but don't expect them to be good quality like the genuine VW ones, both mine don't hold the key flush no more when it closed. But still work fine button wise.

hi, i fitted a rclick kit on my lupo sport and followed this thread - Remote Central Locking. I would defo recommend them.

I advised my mate to get one as well but he hasn't got the motors in the doors like mine. dj-jay do you have any photos of where you mounted your motors in the doors?

cheers

j

Edited by jackmanfred

hi, i fitted a rclick kit on my lupo sport and followed this thread - Remote Central Locking. I would defo recommend them.

I advised my mate to get one as well but he hasn't got the motors in the doors like mine. dj-jay do you have any photos of where you mounted your motors in the doors?

cheers

j

Thanks for the replies, have emailed rightclick (they have a ebay shop) for advice on which one i need to buy from them so just waiting for their response.

Also, does anyone know where you can get keys reprogrammed cheaply?

I only have one key, I can get one off ebay but it needs to be reprogrammed.

Thanks, Siobhan.

Siobhan.

u wont need to reprogram your key if u use the the microchip in the old key, to get it out try using a small knife or soldering iron some platic out, the right click flip keys have the slot for slimline micro chips, i have the square shaped one and mine i bent the plastic fins, or i guess a tiny bit of superglue would be ok,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Central-Lock-Locking-Kit-Remote-Keyless-CLR60B-PLUS-/380220036031?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5886e153bf

this is the kit you need, and the hu66 key blades, also when doing the motors i put mine right at the very bottom of the door running up paralel to the door pins, i had to slightly bend the long bars just to get the angle right for a better motion,

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just an update on the remote locking.

My hubby fitted my remote locking today with ease thanks to the link jackmanfred sent in his reply,also thanks to cobblers for the guide (found in the link) :)

Thanks for your help :D

Siobhan