Cheap Affective Mods.

PompeyShaun

Bought a Lupo Sport today and already got loads of plans.

Only problem is, being 18 and full time student, weekend work doesnt bring me too much money in! And having some left over after petrol and insurance is even more depressing! :(

I'm looking for cheap, yet affective mods to carry out to get away from the 'standard' look. :shades:

On the agenda -

-Remove side strips,

-Smaller arial (anyone know where i can get one of these from?)

Anyone got any other ideas? :D

Cheers Guys.

Shaun

Bought a Lupo Sport today and already got loads of plans.

Only problem is, being 18 and full time student, weekend work doesnt bring me too much money in! And having some left over after petrol and insurance is even more depressing! :(

I'm looking for cheap, yet affective mods to carry out to get away from the 'standard' look. :shades:

On the agenda -

-Remove side strips,

-Smaller arial (anyone know where i can get one of these from?)

Anyone got any other ideas? :D

Cheers Guys.

Shaun

de-wiper

pressed plates

aero wipers

coilovers(when money is saved of coarse :D)

Edited by chippa

Sounds like theres a fair few things to get cracking on with when i pick it up wednesday!!!

Also, I.C.E wise, best speakers / set up to get? :/

not a huge boot i know, and dont really need it. so a Sub is a possibility!!!

Sorry for the noob questions :lol:

Cheers again,

Shaun

i did see on here the other day and i cant remeber who said it but apperently u can go one size up on wheel trims and zip tie em up to give u a low profile tyre look, its not for me but thats a cheep mod, and im sure it would not increase your insurance, ive dewipered my boot at the cost of a 25mm plug from halfords, but im not so sure but i rec it will look alot better when ive removed the boot handle/lock and got a poper and paint,

ive got an arosa, and also on a major budget, can you cut the springs on them?? do they not have a smaller coil at the end? if not i might be tempted. anyone done it? just take one coil off?

lots of people have cut em, ive seen pics on here of em tie wrapped into the mount to stop it falling out when its jacked up, there are lots of opinions wether there safe or not, me i wanted to lower so bad and just dint have the budget just yet for coilovers so i just got some 40mm lowering springs as a couple had already gone, they always come up for sale on here cheep,

i want mine lower but ive just bought it and im sur the lad said it had had some lower springs fitted but looking at it just one side is done. so tempted to cut as a cheap short term option, but i think the rear springs have a smaller diameter coil at the top and bottom, but might be wrong will have to check. also going to get a set of 15 inch steel wheels so their a bit wider than standard.

Cheers for the comments, and the idea on one size bigger hub cap things. However i have alloy wheels? 5 Spoke?

Are these optional extras? ? ( is there anywhere where i can see the standard spec, and optional extras on here? )

Definitely going to dewiper, and then save save save for coilys. :D

Cheers

Shaun