Audio advice please.

Hi, iv recently purchased a sub and amp and am in the process of upgrading my door speakers. Basicslly as they are all standard at the moment i am very short of treble and was wondering can i put co-axial speakers behind the front and rear door panels without loosin the use of my tweeters in the dash? Also will this gain me more treble or has anyone else got any suggestions i am also amping up 6x9's in a stelth shelf later on when i can afford another amp. Cheers, Russ

Yes you can fit coax speakers and still keep use of te standard tweeters.

Have you got an aftermarket headunit/cd player etc?

Imo forget the 6x9's.

Two coax speakers and a sub should be more than enough for every day driving.

Edited by Deadmetal

Why not get componants, then you can change the tweeters in the dash which will give you even better treble/sound quality? Amp these up and they will sound awsome with a sub.

There is no need for 6x9's in the parcel shelf if you have a decent set of componants and a sub in the boot. Plus you shouldnt have 6x9' and a sub sharing such a small air space, sounds crap.

I'm puttin co axials in one of the speaker mountings because iv got a set of alpine ones liein arounnd at home and I got a 25 pounf voucher for amazon for my bday so am gonna put that towards more speakers

but I don't wanna spend a lot on em so am I best gettin components or co axials if I'm not ampin them up

I'm puttin co axials in one of the speaker mountings because iv got a set of alpine ones liein arounnd at home and I got a 25 pounf voucher for amazon for my bday so am gonna put that towards more speakers

but I don't wanna spend a lot on em so am I best gettin components or co axials if I'm not ampin them up

To be honest i dont think you will notice an improvement in sound by replacing the started speakers in the door with cheep co axials, or components. The standard speakers are quite good.

In your first post you say you are lacking treble, are you sure you've got it set up right and are getting the best out of your standard speakers?

How do you mean set up right? And i only thought i would be more treble from replacing the standard speakers for co-axials because they have built in tweeters aswell rather then just a cone which i would assume is more suited to creating mid-bass? :S:S:S Iv been tryin to pick up on what i can on the forum when it comes to audio but tbh i aint got a bloody clue. lol Thanks for all the help so far guys. Cheers, Russ

Treble is directional sound ... ie to benefit from tweeters they need to be facing your ears!

Thus putting coaxial / 2 or 3 way speakers anywhere that does not face you is not going to help!

Set up some half decent tweeters on the A Pillar so that they face the drivers ears and you should be sorted! A small amp might help but try them without first ... treble correcly directed should not need to be that loud ... unless the rest of your system is really loud!!

gd luck!

• 4 weeks later...

alrite

just doing my arosa door speakers atm. i'm abit of an audio whore. and jave never finished the project i started.

got me 10 inch sony sub in boot! with a 222watt amp! 30 quid from one of the lads i work with ideal for dance n club. rnb sounds alright too. shakes the car if i turn it up.

sony headunit too with loads of features just use usb n bluetooth

new project involves me door cards, custom spray in dark gray mattalic paint with jbl 6.5 inch gto's and some tweeters and crossovers fitted too. custom piping with el wire. should brighten it up abit

amazing said i would never tune a car but since me mates do it i join in lol

great being taught by dad to do electronics too lol keeps me in the game and looking abit diffrent.

ill get some pictures of the cards as i get them done and the ones when they are finished if they look goood!!

chris