window problem

hey, iv tried using the search but cant find this same problem. the window work fine using the switch, up and down no problem. however, the drivers side will only go down about halfway and then stops. the switch works up and down everytime so surely cant be that. think that makes sense.

any ideas

cheers

Hi.

I remember reading somewhere about having to 'reset' the window by turning the ignition on/off a few times and messing about with the window buttons.

I've actually got this problem with my passenger side window at present and I'm on the hunt for information myself. Will let you know If I find anything useful out.

cant be a relay though can it. because the window goes up and down fine with no problem, just it wont go further than halfway down, as if the window thinks its at the bottom. will get the doorcards off tomorrow and check if its catching anything

Edited by richdavs

I dont think it is a relay.

The drivers side switch occasionally makes the passenger window open but recently its stopped altogether.

I can deal with the passenger window only opening half way for now, but it means it goes onto the 'to do list'........

hey, iv tried using the search but cant find this same problem. the window work fine using the switch, up and down no problem. however, the drivers side will only go down about halfway and then stops. the switch works up and down everytime so surely cant be that. think that makes sense.

any ideas

cheers

My passenger window was only going down 2/3rd's when I had my window problems. Turns out it was the wire harness being faulty with broken/fused wires over time. (My post is also in this section recently)

try with the window up, hold the switch down so the window goes down hold for 5 sec then go up then hold for 5 secs might be more like ten seconds.

if that doesn't work disconnect the battery as that will reset the windows.

to re-establish one touch do the following.

this is with the window fully closed you will need to reset the window by doing hold the switch down so the window goes down release switch, push down again then go up and once at top release switch and pull up again and that should be it

Edited by Dz1981