Two Nak headunits using internal amp (FAO Tigz, Loudlupo???)

Need some pointers here guys from anyone who knows a bit on the car audio side.

I need to wire up both my Nakamich h/u so I can use the 6 disk changer in the MB100 and the tape / amp in the TD35z to run speakers etc.

I know I can just plug in the output from MB100 into aux of the TD35z but how do I wire up the power / speakers?

I'd rather not rewire the iso plugs if I can so are there any adapters I can get to wire from one to the other?

If not, what wire does what so I can rewire it properly?

I've got just about all the bits I need for a full car audio install but with work being a bit mental these days and the weather about to take a turn for the worst I'm not looking to get everything in the car just yet (I'll prob wait until I've upgraded to a gti about march / april time then do it all then)

HOWEVER I sold my VW 6 disk cd + gamma h/u ages ago and the lack of decent music is getting to me (using beta unit at moment), therefore I need to know what I need to do to get both my nakamichi h/u in!

thanks everyone

Im not 100% here buddy as Ive always never known anyone with a Nak h/u to conferm.

Id imagen its a standard iso adaptor you'd need.

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_in...roducts_id=1305

Is that all your needing to know?

you say your alright connecting the two through the Aux imput yes?

thanks tigz,

that's a good start. One of the h/u (TD35z) with the amp has loose wires for all connections - speakers, power etc I think (looks like the yellow one on the adapter you found - wire with plastic around it).

The MB100 I think takes a more normal looking connector like the adapter you've shown.

Think I may have to chop off connector for speaker wires and wire to loose wire TD35z speaker outputs and cut power connector wires so I can add a connector block to run the power connector as well as being able to get a sperate wire output for the TD35z.

Does that seem about right? (not easy to understand I know)

I'll try and get some pics when I'm back after work, so much easier with pics.

the audio side will be fine (understand this side perfectly), ultra simple here as well - output from mb100 will plug into aux in on TD35z.

thanks

I'm desperately trying to think of a situation where I'd want to (or indeed be able to) listen to both radios at the same time...

Why don't you just hook the aerial adaptor up to whichever HU has the better/more sensitive radio tuner...

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. Yes, you will need both of those - without the more expensive one, you can still plug the aerial in, but the amplifier in the aerial base won't be activated, so you'll get slightly reduced FM reception and much reduced AM reception.

ok, pics didn't work last time I tried (different subject + a few months back) so here's some links (first one fairly big)

http://4fh.us/data/media/1/wires.JPG

http://4fh.us/data/media/1/block.jpg

I've now realised the mb100 just has wires instead of a connector, so I think this would work (bloke who owned it before me just chopped everything off)...

cut off power iso from end of converter cable,

attach blocks similar to pic 2 to all wires,

use oposite side of blocks to wire up both head unit wires into the same screw hole (to run both head units off same power supply),

cut off the speaker connector and clamp the wires into the speaker outputs of nak with amp

that seem about right from looking at pics / using your knowledge of car audio?

there's also a ground connector, is there a suitable screw to use behind the h/u bay or any suggestions?

any help / other suggestions appreciated

Its gonna depend on if you want to play the headunit with the ignition switched off.

I did untill I fitted the amps and needed the engine running but its up to you.

You shouldnt really leave the ingition switched on without the engine running as you can damage the coil (so I was told Snoop may be able to conferm I got the right info there.

There is a negitive wire in the loom that you'll need to connect into, this connects directing to the fuse ground I belive so you'd be best to connect there than run another earth elsewhere.

Its gonna be pretty straight forward.

Is that what you were asking or have I missed the point?

These earlty mornings are a killer lol

I'd prefer to be able to wire it up the same as how the vw unit works now, ie can be used fine when the ignition is off and also when on.

I rarely use the stereo with the car off but it'd be nice to be able to keep that "feature".

Would I be right in thinking that the wires used on the back of the nak and also the vw car wires would be colour coded to be the same?

eg to wire up stereo simply connect blue to blue, yellow to yellow etc, or is it not quite as simple as that?

I think you said the earth would need to be connected to one of the wires on the connector thingy, what colour would it need to be connected to and how essential is this compaired to using another earth point?

the earth connector has a large spade plug on it that I don't want to cut off and it may be awkward to be able to wire it in without doing so.

this wouldn't create some nasty earth loop thing or something would it?

any thing else I need to think of?

thanks,