Anyone got a standard front and rear shock + spring laying around

jr

Looking at getting a coilover kit made up by a well known and regarded manufacturer, but first of all i need a standard shock both front and rear and a standard rear spring to give them measurements to then trial fit to a car

anyone able to help as i binned my stuff years ago, can obv pay for postage and arrange a courier to collect but tbh dont want to be paying anything for what may indeed be scrap

cheers

jr

i have standard gti shocks and springs just come off my car, but tbh i intend to make some dough, sorry im a greedy bugger :blush:

whos the manufacturer? what sort of kit are they looking to put together? budget lows kit, top end handling kit something more inbetween?

i do have my old stuff somewere but was planning to keep it incase i ever needed to go back to standard

Height and rebound adjustble, zinc plated, built and designed in the UK, rebuildable

im building a track car, and i really dont want to put on something made of old shopping trolleys that only exsists to make the sump hit the floor or on the other end buy a KW V3 kit (only thing i can see similar on the market) at £1100 on what ever they are, ive got 3 cars running on this make of coilover allready and been nothing but impressed by them

all i am trying to do is get some prototypes made up which i need a standard front a rear shock and a rear spring, something which i dont have currently and thought someone may have laying around

it imagine price wise at a guess you'd be looking around £550 for a full kit but need to prototype it first

And you know that GTI suspension is slightly different?

out of intrest how does it differ ? thought the only diffrences were a possible shorter shock by around 10mm and diffrent bump and reboud rates ?

EnglishMotherFuker.png

;)

GTI suspension has slightly different camber adjustment holes I think, when people fit non-GTI coilovers to GTI's they often have to elongate the holes to give them enough adjustment to set the camber correctly.

Suppose that problem could be solved by putting in longer holes to start with.

I'm not sure if there are any more differences.