dead alternator, no car, no way of getting to work....I love my GTi

ry203

Anyone know why an alternator fitted only a year ago would pack in and need replacing already?? It was fitted under a year ago by a garage in Windermere in the lakes. Issue is, if it's under warranty, how the hell do I get a knackered car over there to be repaired?

• 2 weeks later...

gutted for u, sounds like u needs an auto electrician to help u out here, has it been on vag com, that might find something out for u,,,

ive got problems with my car atm, but ive had a few cars and better the devil u no than the devil u dont, if u sell your car u will miss it and u may buy something with problems to, or u may be lucky, dont give up, keep posting cause someone will come up with an answer for u on here,,,,

no it hasnt. AA guy said that the last alternator was knackered so it was replaced...if this one is knackered too I have no idea what the F**K could be causing it.

Think ill get it fixed and sell up

could be a simple fix mate but if you are inpatient ill give ya 2k. i love mine to bits and touch wood havent had a single mechanical issue. just like any car, you get good ones and bad ones.