need of ELSA help RE petrol warning light

right chaps and `chap-ess`' minor problem ran low on petrol and the light came on since then i have filled it up to over a quarter tank and the light refuses to go off , what does elsa have to say ????

i thought that it may of been it just being tempremental so i'll give it a few days to see what it does cheers mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Fuel level sender has gone - I had issues with mine, left me stranded at the side of the road while reading just under 1/4 full.

Worth getting it fixed if it's under warranty, as even if it starts working again, it probably won't be reliable.

How low did you run it?

I ran mine to fumes a while ago to have a TT petrol cap fitted

Afterwards the gauge was acting funny. Considering there can't have been more than a couple of litres of fuel in there the guage showed a quarter of a tank and the light was coming on at about 1/3 of a tank

Put a tenner in to get me home, then another tenner in a few days later to pick Tigz up to get the Golf and this continued

The next time I needed petrol I brimmed the tank and then the guage seemed to "reset" itself

The light now comes on at the proper time and the guage acts as it did before

Edit: Thinking about it: the fuel tank was removed to do the job so maybe that contributed?

its an 04 plate and i ran it to just before the red line , but ma light has always come on half way between a quarter and 0 fuel , all is now well i put more fuel in and its fine