Lupo 1.4 75 bhp ... something is wrong...

MickB

Hello again boys and girls

Today we had a little bit of sunshine in London... so I've decided to open a bonnet to check the oil etc... and I've found this:

4334335455_bc3d3d166d_m.jpg

4334326841_8c1c446bf8_m.jpg

4334325523_a65e020357_m.jpg

4335069942_2926fd60e1_m.jpg

What do you think about it? Is it something serious and should I be worried about?

Could this be something which is responsible for my bad fuel consumption? (see: http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=63216 )

I look forward to your comments and advise.

Thank you.

Cheers

Edited by MickB

Judgeing from the small pics, i would say it was a leaking thermostat housing or a split pipe around that area pall.

Hi

assuming you're right, do you happen to know what could be the reason of this and how (and how expensive) to fix it?

Cheers

Hi

assuming you're right, do you happen to know what could be the reason of this and how (and how expensive) to fix it?

Cheers

The problem would just be caused by old age mage things becoming brittle/perishing, i know the thermostat housings can be a problem on valvers/6n's, never really heard of it on lupos but you never know.

if its a pipe or something run ur finger round the bottom of some of the pipes to see if they are damp. If so check for a split and change the hose shouldnt be expensive.

Thanks

Will check and see where the problem comes from.

Cheers

The problem would just be caused by old age mage things becoming brittle/perishing, i know the thermostat housings can be a problem on valvers/6n's, never really heard of it on lupos but you never know.

Thanks

I thought that this could be a gearbox... and this would be expensive I guess.

I appreciate your reply a lot. TA

i second the thermostat theory, mine did it not long ago,the thermostat is held in with a plastic clip that seems to deterioate.i bought a new thermostat that has a clip included,basically plug out your old plug in the new with the clip and alls good.think mine cost me 20 quid if that mate