Help with roof spoiler

Lou

hi

I was looking at getting a roof spoiler from Seat for my Arosa, but a guy my dad knows at a bodyshop said not to bother with just bonded spoilers as they fall off really easy.

Had a look around the forum and seen people saying that just bonding works fine but they're quite old topics now.

So I just wondered if anyone has installed one recently or has had one for a while and how it was holding up.

cheers

the gti original spoiler is bolted on, i changed mine to the VW accessories spoiler and had it bonded on. as long as its done properly it will be fine, also if it sealed completely to the tailgate it will prevent any water damaged which had happened to my original one.

heres mine-

spoiler_1.jpg

spoiler_2.jpg

Edited by fatttty

i fit one at the weekend.

the ones straight from VW are just bonded on with some stuff you can buy from VW, but i used something called tiger seal. theres no chance in hell that things falling off.

and the lupo ones have a whole for the brake light, it just needs taking out of the boot and re locating into the spoiler... isnt a hard job. and guessing the ones straight from seat are pretty similar? may be wrong like..

Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

i think the SEAT one is like curvy so you don't need to do anything with the brake light.

I'll give our dealer a ring and see if you get any adhesive with it, if not i'll get some tiger seal.

cheers.

I'm just about to order the accessory one. I thought it had a brake light in it (the same one as on a normal tailgate)? Or did you fill the recess for it?

i had the break light smoothed in.

@jamie, yeah the corners got damaged when it arrived so i just had them tidied up and squared off