Wheel spacers......

mr_bump_12

Im going to make some wheel spacers at work:- couple of things....

15mm spacers Im thinking for the rear.

1. Diamentions, what will they be. PCD 100, whats the center bore? outer bore?

2. What size is a car nut M12 or M14?

3. Anyone have a picture of any?

Cheers

Im going to make some wheel spacers at work:- couple of things....

15mm spacers Im thinking for the rear.

1. Diamentions, what will they be. PCD 100, whats the center bore? outer bore?

2. What size is a car nut M12 or M14?

3. Anyone have a picture of any?

Cheers

They use M12 nuts/bolts, bore and spigot need to be 57.1mm, 4x100mm PCD.

Anyone know the outside diameter? Also will ally be alright?

Bare in mind that some of the producers of the ally ones dont just thread the ally as it can easily strip, they use inserts so this is less likely.

Make sure you use a decent grade of ally too.

Bare in mind that some of the producers of the ally ones dont just thread the ally as it can easily strip, they use inserts so this is less likely.

Make sure you use a decent grade of ally too.

Easier to make plain spacers, and use extended bolts.

Thats what i was planning. I hate helli coils (however you spell it) Thanks for your help. How thick are your spacers? I was planning on 15mm?

err. I have a few. You can always skim them down.

Ok, i will give that ago ive got quite a bit of space from my wheel. Oh also, you know you said about the spigot and bore, can i just bore a whole on a lathe and turn it down to size? What do you mean by a spigot? sorry for the amount of questions

Ok, i will give that ago ive got quite a bit of space from my wheel. Oh also, you know you said about the spigot and bore, can i just bore a whole on a lathe and turn it down to size? What do you mean by a spigot? sorry for the amount of questions

Really you need a spigot(little ledge the wheel sits on) This would mean starting off with thicker material.

The hubcentric lip is crucial if you're going above 5mm. The stress is put on the bolts if you don't have a lip for the wheel to centralise on and it shouldn't be, it needs to be displaced properly. You either turn them down from 20mm to 15mm (5mm lip is normally the minimum you'd need), press them (I don't have a press that'll do 15mm alloy/steel), or machine a bush to fit into them (which is what I do/did).

I used to make hubcentrics but due to the time involved the cost of the spacers to the customer went up to a point where profit was virtually nothing and they weren't worth doing, so I stopped doing them.

http://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=292487&stc=1&d=1232561135

Stolen from google to help show what is meant B) Had to put a link in rather than show the image

You could always do them with different spigot sizes. IE so people can use Vaxuahall wheels and stuff. Main problem with Vauxhall wheels is the offset and centre bore. If your using spacers the offset will be lowered and if you put the right spigot bore on then it'll solve that issue to.