ZIP Disks

Gibbeth!

When I moved into my new flat, I found a load of these (50 x 750mb) disks, all brand spanking, sealed up.

I've heard of them, but never knew of anyone thats used them. There disk readers on ebay for next to nothing, so I was wondering whats the point?

Ive got a 1tb hard drive so hardly need the extra 37.5gig, but if there's any use for them that I've not noticed, they might be worth keeping.

Does anyone on here use them?

Only 4 years ago, I was using 250Mb zip discs to back up data. Now we mirror the hard drives and make a daily copy off site. I was never bothered to find out how they compressed so much into so little space.

When I moved into my new flat, I found a load of these (50 x 750mb) disks, all brand spanking, sealed up.

I've heard of them, but never knew of anyone thats used them. There disk readers on ebay for next to nothing, so I was wondering whats the point?

Ive got a 1tb hard drive so hardly need the extra 37.5gig, but if there's any use for them that I've not noticed, they might be worth keeping.

Does anyone on here use them?

I had a zip drive back in 1996! Back then they were big enough to back up an entire computer system on two two or three discs!

Get them on eBay, you will make a fortune! :) 100% profit too ;)

See here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Three-750-MB-Zip-Disc-by-Iomega-In-Plastic-Jewel-Cases_W0QQitemZ200425321181QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item2eaa47b2dd

Edited by nfbr

That was my first thought, but prices are all over, so wasn't sure what to put them on as.

I thought if they had some special encryption or something it might be worth getting a drive and keeping backups on, but after reading a bit, you can only use 750mb disks with 750mb drives, and they're quite a bit more than the 100mb drives.