lupo engine change

dannyb1990

hey guys jut bought myself a 1.4 lupo last week and tbh with you its not fast enough already

was speaking to the guy i bought it from and he says that a polo gti engine would b my best bet then my cousin was saying something about putting a 1.8 20v turbo in it

so thot i would ask the people who would know more the lupo owners

what would you all suggest?

thanks, dan

hey guys jut bought myself a 1.4 lupo last week and tbh with you its not fast enough already

was speaking to the guy i bought it from and he says that a polo gti engine would b my best bet then my cousin was saying something about putting a 1.8 20v turbo in it

so thot i would ask the people who would know more the lupo owners

what would you all suggest?

thanks, dan

buy a gti or a faster car.

haha canny b done, insurance wont do it, am sittin on 6 points and a revoke already and av just turned 19

The insurance will be worse for a self modified car so forget about it for now and make it look pretty and handle well.

The insurance will be worse for a self modified car so forget about it for now and make it look pretty and handle well.

it already looks good, its greigs car, the one wi the black roof and stubby mirrors with the black bbs

its only gonna realy b a show car sumin to take down the strip at crail

How did you end up ahving your license revoked? A more powerful car is the last thing you need given your evident lack of self control

its not a lack of control, its just the roads near me are too good to drive on slowly

first 3 were for speeding second were for bien on ma fone

lol. dear me, danny. were all saints on here didnt you know? :rolleyes:

We all suffer a lack of self control of some form or other. I admire those who can admit that.

It all depends on how much work you think you can do yourself, if you can or your friends can then if you decide to go conversion route then make it a worthwhile conversion. by which i mean therel be little cost difference between gti lump and a 1.8t. if you use a golf engine like mine then theyre pretty cheap.

Also try some quotes, sometimes engine converted cars will surprise you on the insurance quote front.

If like me you never intend on insuring the car anyway then you can go any way you like i guess.

Good luck with whichever way you go.

lol. dear me, danny. were all saints on here didnt you know? :rolleyes:

We all suffer a lack of self control of some form or other. I admire those who can admit that.

There is a time and a place for driving quickly/above posted limits, knowing when and where is the key element.

Agreed, there certainly is the time and place.

I think the man maybe broke the limit once, was unfortunate enough to get caught, learnt his lesson and wont do it again. With the help of his newly learnt lesson im sure he is a wiser fella and is ready for the bigger engine.