Silicone Pipe size?

Ad....

Hi all,

I've tried having a search but to no avail... basically I'm buying a BMC CDA but it doesn't have the silicone pipe to connect to the TB. I know the size of that is 63mm so does that mean I just need a 90 degree piece of pipe in this size?

I'm probably being thick, but any help is much appreciated

Cheers, Ad

Hi all,

I've tried having a search but to no avail... basically I'm buying a BMC CDA but it doesn't have the silicone pipe to connect to the TB. I know the size of that is 63mm so does that mean I just need a 90 degree piece of pipe in this size?

I'm probably being thick, but any help is much appreciated

Cheers, Ad

BMC's are normally 70,80 or 85mm.

GTi TB is ~65mm

90 degree bend reducer will do the job.

You may even get away with a simple 70mm 90 degree and the BMC reducer around the TB but the correct sized elbow would be better.

Edited by richie.guy

To fit on the BMC you need one side at least to be 70mm. You don't need a reducer really as silicon is able to be compressed enough with a 70>70mm 90degree bend and a jubilee clip to tighten securely on the 63mm throttle body.

»90 degree bends

To fit on the BMC you need one side at least to be 70mm. You don't need a reducer really as silicon is able to be compressed enough with a 70>70mm 90degree bend and a jubilee clip to tighten securely on the 63mm throttle body.

»90 degree bends

Cool cheers, yours seems cheapest so far, does it only come in blue though, as I'd be after blackk!

Thanks, Ad

»90 degree bends

Sorry :lol: but that sounds so gash, If you can get the correct 70-63 90deg reducer, which is widely available then why not do it propperly?

Plus you can't get a 70mm hose to compress properly on to the 63mm tb, it will only kink up around the edge and leave you a little gap along the edge, plus it won't look good either.

John

• Like 1

Sorry :lol: but that sounds so gash, If you can get the correct 70-63 90deg reducer, which is widely available then why not do it propperly?

Plus you can't get a 70mm hose to compress properly on to the 63mm tb, it will only kink up around the edge and leave you a little gap along the edge, plus it won't look good either.

John

the 70>63mm is more expensive. a 70mm hose on the tb doesn't kink, take a look at mine sometime if you don't believe me.

in fact BMC even state that the kit for the gti should use a 70>70mm hose

Edited by Kam Racing

• 2 weeks later...