help needed Engine management light on

braders

If you hit it with a hammer, it will go off... :lol: :lol: ..Sorry!

Where is your location? You need to get it checked with a diagnsotic machine like VAG-COM.

hammer did not work :angry2: i am in leeds. just looked in the hand book it says exhaust emission warning :confused:

Edited by braders

The light could be on for a number of reasons. It comes on for more than just a lambda fault.

It is there as a generic warning to get the car checked over, this could be anything from a single misfire detected once on a single cylinder to a sensor reading out of parameters that you dont and wont know about until its plugged in.

Depending on where abouts in leeds you are you wont have any problem finding a garage that will plug it in and also be reasonably priced.

• Like 1

As above, you won't know until you get it checked.

But for info: when my lambda sensor failed on the Arosa it was overfuelling like a bitch; so the smell will be a hint.

As above, you won't know until you get it checked.

But for info: when my lambda sensor failed on the Arosa it was overfuelling like a bitch; so the smell will be a hint.

when mine went it was the MAP sensor(manifold pressure sensor)...it could be a number of things, you dont need to panic too much though.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

My girlfriends 2004 1.0 Ltr Arosa's engine management light came on about a week ago.

At the weekend I plugged it into a friends code reader and it said something along the lines of cylinder 1 combustion faliure.

We cleared the fault code and although the engine management light is no longer on all the time it does sometimes flash for a while after start up.

Is this cylinder 1 combustion faliure likely to be sorted with a new set of plugs and HT leads or is it likely to be something more serious.

Thank you in advance for your help.