How long does it take to dirty a throttle body

paulbin

ok another one of my boring problem posts. Wen I took my car in on Wednesday and got it back they told me they cleaned all the throttle body out. Well today i was bored so i decided to have a look, i left one screw out of my engine cover on purpose and surprise suprise all the screws are in the same places, i took the air box off and had a look in the throttle body, and it was really really dirty, the cars only done 30ish miles since wednesday, surely it couldnt of got that dirty in that space in time??

fortunately my dealer is quite good, they just gave me a free 6spd GTI gearknob / gaitor & locknuts. result.

talked through my ideas for lowering (they strongly reccommended VW springs - no thanks)....and now know that if I fit a BMC it must come off and go back to standard before they set eyes on my car.

0800 777811

VW Uk.

Call them Paul first thing Monday morning, and tell them.

That is disgusting.

get VW UK to make you an appontment with the next nearest dealership.

And get them to check the work out, tell them that the other dealership has told you and said that they have cleaned the trottle body but you feel like it doesnt feel any diffrence.

If it is on VAGs database that this other dealership put a warrenty claim in for a throttle bodie clean, then the other dealership will pick up on it when they look at your cars history.

is that the place in milton keynes?

the head bloke of the area brought it back to me, and i was talking to him and he tried to tell me that the problem was because it was fly by wire, then i asked him about if they had taken the throttle body off and checked it out as i read somewhere that if there is a problem with the throttle body the ECU wouldnt pick it up as its mechanical. Then he told me that all the throttle body had been taken off and cleaned, i really wish i had asked to read the job card.

wen i ring up do u think i should tell them about the throttle body being dirty inside, can i say ive had it checked out by a near by garage and that they said it hasnt been touched or should i just ring and say its no different??

ok cheers m8, i know this sounds stupid but i think im gonna let my dad ring up, hes much better on the phone and always manages to get wot he wants tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

depends how you talk to it....sorry for the crap joke mate, i seem to be making a habit of it on here. *SERIOUS MODE* i totally agree with everything the guys have said on here....there's no way it would get that crappy after they had 'cleaned' it. i think it really is time you go further up the chain of command. i also believe it's well worth throwing your weight around a bit and mention if it doesn't get sorted pronto you'll be having a word with the likes of auto express watchdog who have a weekly readership of around 10 million (i know i made that bit up) but you get the general idea. good luck in getting the feckers to sort it mate! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

cool, thx for all ur advise, the only way forward as u say is to throw ur weight around, i just think its stupid that because i am only young they think they can say any old thing to me and get away with it asif im gonna believe them, im not an expert on cars but i know basics about engines, and that is not a cleaned throttle body, im not gonna give up without a fight