1.4 Lupo with Issues!

The Whippet

It seems to trigger mostly if I'm driving on a road with corners or small dips - which initially made me wonder if it was simply air getting trapped somewhere and causing a whistle - the sound is coming from the front, but it's hard to tell if it's coming from under the bonnet or through the air vents. Doesn't sound like it's coming from the gearbox, but I shall try and pinpoint it next time it happens - I never know when it will do it and sometimes it doesn't do it at all.

It's not a creaking noise at all. I took my brother out in the car last night to see if he had any idea and the damn thing didn't howl at all. Typical. It did howl when I was driving back alone, and I couldn't pinpoint where the sound was coming from as it only lasts for short bursts.

could be the bearings in the fan burning out happened to me once

i was going to suggest this. try leaving it to idle until the fan kicks in. it might not make a noise as it may need other factors like the added slight strain of going round a bend or up and down a hill. even if it doesnt make a sound squirt abit of lube on the bearings and then you can eliminate that from your list.

p.s turn engine off when spraying as i left mine on and the fan started up whilst i was spraying and it went everywhere.