looking at build myself an exhaust

sasquatch

i have all the tools needed and have done this a few times before, for my mk3 golf gti. but am plannin to build on for my little project but am un sure what back box to use, if i use a standard lupo 1.4 sport backbox on a traight through bit of pipe how loud to people think this will be and will it effect performance anyway??

has anyone else buil themselfs an exhaust too that can lend few tips

Modern exhausts are designed to take into account the CAT unlike when they first started putting them on cars and just

added them on to a normal system making it hugely restrictive. From what i have been told you do tend to lose power on NA engines

when getting rid of the CAT. I hate to say it but i think my aftermarket exhaust may even be worse when driving at lower revs than the OEM system,

it is a trade off though as it is certainly better higher up and the revs shoot up quicker than before when your foot is down hard. It is much better on

over run than the standard exhaust and that can only be a good thing either.

You may want to brows through some of the articles on autospeed i am sure you will find lots of useful information

http://autospeed.com/cms/search/index.html...mp;x=18&y=9

I would love a straight through system with a Varex back box you cant really lose you get the best of

both worlds :wub:

Youtube Video ->