Exhaust Issues

Hi All,

My girlfriends exhaust is buggered at the below point in the diagram:

lupoexh.jpg

The garage say it's attached to the cat, so need a new one. They work with only certain types of exhausts as all the rest 'rot out', and they've quoted £172 incl. VAT fitted and it's an "ECC" branded exhaust

Is this about right for the job + parts? Is it worth going VAG for it for the extra price?

Also is there any similarly priced systems/cats which are better to go for?

cheers

Ash

As mike said, if the old pipe is sound get a new flexi welded in. Dealers or larger garages will try to avoid doing that as they are fitters not true

mechanics that can fix stuff. Somewhere that builds exhausts or anywhere find someone that is competent at tig welding.

If the cat is working there is no point in replacing it. They use Platinum inside and are quite costly things. My theory is to fix an exhaust if you can

of replace it with a stainless item if its a petrol car as it is more cost effective in the long run.

Hi

I've just had to replace this part of my exhaust. Went to partco and got a replacement flexi pipe and attached it. The boyfriend didnt want to weld it so have just attached it another way (i cant remember how) but it's sound as now.

Only cost me about £35. Good Luck!