one way windows

the other day my eleccy windows went mental, then all of a sudden they were ok so i forgot about it......

and now theyre all over the place again. with both of them they go down fine then when u hit the button to send them up (either individually or both at once) they go about 1/3 of the way up, stop, then go down a bit. then if u hit the button to send them all the way up they stutter about.

the only way i could close the windows was to lift the front of them a bit whilst pushing the button.

help?

Sound like the motor is 'sensing' an obstruction. Have you checked the windows rubbers? If they feel a bit rough it could be worth putting some furniture polish on there (like Mr Sheen) as it makes the windows slide easier.

Yeah, needs a bit of lube! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Get the VW dealer to do it. You should be able to force them to close by not pulling the button all the way up/down - i.e. hold it at the first 'click' rather than the second.

• 4 weeks later...