HELP! NEED A CAR MOVING!

MattTDI

Just won my new project on ebay, but need it transporting. Can get access to car with towing bar if anyone can recommend good price trailer hire. or if anyone wants to help for some money ;)

needs going from chesterfield to darwen in lancashire...

anyone got any ideas?

Its taxed until end of month, but failed its mot. I could bloody drive it if it hadnt failed :(

Book it in for the MOT on the day your collecting it. You are aloud to drive it to the MOT station only on that day. So if you get stopped then tell them that it's booked in, if they check then you're not lying. They only know that the MOT has lapsed when they call it in. The number plate scanner only tells them if it's insured / TAX'd / stolen etc.

I do know of Swillington Trailers - 0113 2871 463 - LS26 8UU

Book it in for the MOT on the day your collecting it. You are aloud to drive it to the MOT station only on that day. So if you get stopped then tell them that it's booked in, if they check then you're not lying. They only know that the MOT has lapsed when they call it in. The number plate scanner only tells them if it's insured / TAX'd / stolen etc.

I do know of Swillington Trailers - 0113 2871 463 - LS26 8UU

you know what for what its worth i might just book it in and drive it to a mates garage.. were going to do the work ourselves. bargain it was, il stick pics up when its worthy :P

You can only drive your car to the closest MOT station and you must not.... I forget the word, but basically if you stop to piss about doing anything else your breaking the terms. Plus it must be booked into an MOT station. As in there must be proof of it being pre-booked.

Its not worth risking it imo.

It's only a £60 fine. So it's worth it and yes I know it is £60 as 2 of my mates have been done for driving without a valid MOT.

The main ones are you Insurance and road TAX. If you look over the car and you feel that the car will safely get you home then take it. If the doors and hanging off and the tyres are bold..... well then you really don't want to get caught :lol:

as said before it's only 60squid no points and the anpr's don't check it so if they have no other reason to stop you just day insure it and drive it or if you fancy a run down to fetch it and drop it off I'll lend you an a-frame but it'd probably be cheaper to just rent a trailer lol