I HAVE MY GTI!!!! YAY

hunid-brake

why don't you just have a quick peek at the cambelt for now just t be on the safe side you can easily tell the difference between a worn one and a good condition one but you should be fine i had mine done at 50k and vw only changed the one not both for some reason the one between the 2 cams went for a further 40k and that'd be 7 years old or so

Matey is doin it at the garage today. I think think he said the full kit: 2 belts and tensioners cost 112 and the water pump is 32 and 90 for labour (3 hours). It's just for my peace of mind. At least I'll know it's safe to put my foot down without worrying bout it going.

Hi all. I got the car back from having the cambelt done. I had a look at the old one and the tensioners and they were all quite good. I really bent the belt flat and there were only some minute perish cracks but would have definately gone a year or 10k more. Oh well at least I know it's ok to put my foot down now. I took it out this evening for a bit of a thrash, OMG I love this car, it's better than I had ever imagined. Totally in love. Will be keeping this for a few years. Got my red piping put on the front grill which really adds a touch of class to the front end. New tyres tomoz and I'm good to go. Whenever I think or get in or drive or get out of the car I have a huge smile on my face. That can only be a good thing. Anyone know about the halogen bulb and sidelights specs and fittings?????

Sounds like you have a nice GTI there - 1 owner and low miles is nice - good for future resale ;)

Hope you keep it standard - too many of these cars are being modded in my opinion and it's dragging the GTI's status down to Saxo levels. Discus :o

Sounds like you have a nice GTI there - 1 owner and low miles is nice - good for future resale ;)

Hope you keep it standard - too many of these cars are being modded in my opinion and it's dragging the GTI's status down to Saxo levels. Discus :o

hi mate, I totally agree there are alot being kev'd up. I've decided against lowering and back box, the suspension is sooo much better than my sports so I'm happy and I love the sound as it is. I hope to upgrade the halogen and side lights but know one will bloody tell me the specs. I added the red piping on the front grill, wheels will be staying for the forseable future but I may tint the windows. I know what you mean tho there are a couple chav'd up 106 gtis with roll cages the lot and I've enjoyed murking them in my standard gti. Same with kev'd saxos. By being standard it gives me a warm feeling knowing that this poor chavs modding was futile and his space ship snow plowing vtr is still slower. Ha ha, lets take the high road lupo lovers, fk saxos, fk 106's, fk 206's, fk old civics, fk swifts, fk 500s and a big fk to new minis. Baby dub gti all the way. Discuss ;)

Oh and fk clios and ibizas

Dont think its as clearcut as that. You can be a pleb wether you drive a lupo, a nova or a mobility scooter its not the car that defines its driver its the driver that defines their car.

how philosophical of you. i know what you are getting at. see even this site attracts a better class of fan. i know when i see a saxo thats touching the floor with a mental bad body kit, a dustbin for an exhaust, a formula 1 spoiler and if hes wearing a beanie hat just over his eyebrows on a hot sunny day, i know instantly he is a tool and i have no intention of making his acquaintence. you dont have to touch a lupo gti, i just looks cool. plus lupo owners are the kind of people who dont follow the mainstream pop culture. we make our own trends and clear our own paths, and we are all generally nice people, just look at this site, mad love to everyone