sunroof problem

Exton_

Hi guys, had a problem with the sunroof for a while now.... when i turn the knob to close it, it goes to shut but at the last minute decides to open all the way fully then stops. i can shut it by gradually turnin the knob so it moves little by little untill fully closed, any1 had similar problems or know how to fix it? cheers!

Just have to grease the runners. The reason it does it is because as it goes to close it catches on the wind deflector and *thinks* that it is trapping a small child or something so opens itself again. If you try to close the sunroof in one and look at where it stops and reverses you will see what I mean.

NOCK

Mine did that too. If you open it fully, look in the roof space to the left and right, you can see the winder mechanism. On mine there was a plastic cover over this that had slipped slightly, so was causing the roof to think something was stopping closure, hence opening the roof again.

You just need to gently push the plastic bit back into position. While you're in there, doesn't hurt to grease the runners either.