Road Legal pressed plates

s2000king

Heya, sorry if this has been asked a million times, but i can not find anything under the search. Is there any websites that sell a street legal pressed 'German plate style' aluminium number plate? I just think they look great, but don't ant to get pulled by the bacon if you get my meaning.

Many thanks!!

James.

They'll look legal, but they wouldn't pass a particularly careful scrutiny due to not having the British Standard mark. As Cobblers said, Dubmeister do them, I'm not sure but they do have dealers around the country so you could look for one locally if you'd rather not send your documents off. Obviously they'll have the local dealer logo on the bottom rather than the Dubmeister one.

You can't get legal German style plates due to the incorrect font :)

No worries, Infact I've just remembered even Halfords can order in pressed plates (Proper legal ones).

You'll need to show the docs, but they won't keep them.

Plates don't have to have a BS mark on them if the car is built before 2003 IIRC. Something like that, I forget the exact year.

Plates don't have to have a BS mark on them if the car is built before 2003 IIRC. Something like that, I forget the exact year.

If the plates themselves were made before 2001 then they don't have to have all the markings on them (BS Mark, manufacturer name etc). But of course you have to prove they were made before 2001.....

If the plates themselves were made before 2001 then they don't have to have all the markings on them (BS Mark, manufacturer name etc). But of course you have to prove they were made before 2001.....

shouldn't it be the polices job to prove they are newer than that, with the only real way being that the car is newer? I'm sure a good proportion of cars pre 2001 are on the road with non bs marked plates.

if the font is right then it's not an issue - you wouldn't be pulled and the police would have no reason, or grounds to decide to make you prove they were purchased pre 2001.

It's like a policeman saying "prove to me you didn't steal those shoes" and demanding a reciept for them, or arresting you for theft.

You can get legal font pressed plates from a few places without any need for docs - platemyride.com for example.

They don't have the postcode at the bottom but if they are legal font you'll be fine.

You can fax the document's if wanted? xxx

• 5 weeks later...
No worries, Infact I've just remembered even Halfords can order in pressed plates (Proper legal ones).

You'll need to show the docs, but they won't keep them.

2001/51 is when the new regs came in ( Font / sizes & spacing / BS / Postcode ) ... unfortunately it appears that Plod dont always know that ... i've heard of people being pulled & fined despite their car being pre 2001 ! I believe that when the new regs started, the OLD font style / sizes became illegal to sell ... thus if your "Older-than-2001 Officer" plates happen to have the CURRENT std sized/Font digits on them, you're not going to get out of the fine ... but the opposite is also true ... if your plateds are genuinely older than 2001, the font style & size will PROVE that fact ... and thus you wont need the BS & Postcode on it anyway.

Edited by aro'sport

It's like a policeman saying "prove to me you didn't steal those shoes" and demanding a reciept for them, or arresting you for theft.

If they have reasonable doubt they can ticket you for whatever they want!

If they have reasonable doubt they can ticket you for whatever they want!

That's true, they gave my mate a fine for 'Driving erratically' when all he was doing was swerving to avoid some stupidly big hole in the road near where i live and they didnt believe him.......idiots lol :P

James.