Tdi sport induction kits

Jay816

Don't bother. An induction kit will not help on the 1.4 TDI at all.

Previous research indicated a loss of BHP and Torque when an Open Cone filter was fitted to Carter's 1.4 TDI Arosa (around 4 years ago)

A good replacement filter such as a K&N or a BMC and a direct air feed to the airbox inlet will be best for the car!

you were the guy that got 117bhp with an air filter a custom map and a back box removal i remember reading about it, were did u have the map done ?? and could i achieve that do you think cheers ????

Edited by Jay816

you were the guy that got 117bhp with an air filter a custom map and a back box removal i remember reading about it, were did u have the map done ?? and could i archieve that do you think cheers ????

Yep that's me. I had the map done at Jabba sport, but I've used Awesome GTI for all my mapping since then. For example my Bora, Originally a 130bhp now running 192bhp, 367lb/ft.

nfbr..... what about a cold air feed with the filter sitting down in place of where the filter box is now. do you reckon that would do any better? it would draw cool air in and have the same routing as the standard intake....surely the cooler the air is to begin with (ie as it goes into the turbo) the better for the power?

You could probably make a decent CAI kit, However if your area is prone to heavy rain I wouldn't advise it.

TBH, the standard airbox is pretty good, Cutting a hole in the "Foam Block" inside of the wing and adding an air feed to that did good for me.