"The Happy Wagon"

DAS HAPPIWAGEN

I use the M1 everyday to get to work. I do have ridiculous weight in the back though, which obviously doesn't help.

And regarding the seats, no sound deadening was removed by me personally. A previous owner at somepoint might have. Wasn't really fussed though, im just glad they went in and stayed in.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wanting to remove the bumpstrips for a while now. But haven't wanted to because im fairly sure its been re-sprayed at some point. Do you think this will leave visible marks?

Also the paintwork seems a bit orange-peely, is this something that can be sorted with a good polishing with G3?

I've been wanting to remove the bumpstrips for a while now. But haven't wanted to because im fairly sure its been re-sprayed at some point. Do you think this will leave visible marks?

Also the paintwork seems a bit orange-peely, is this something that can be sorted with a good polishing with G3?

Today I went ahead and removed the bumpstrips, all went ok apart from the drivers side rear quarter, which has left a mark where the original paint meets the respray. But that panel needed re-doing anyway so not too gutted.

• 3 weeks later...

Update : Pedal box is going @ 11,000 Miles.

I hate dealerships, they're so awkward and make things over-complicated in the hope that I will just give up seeking goodwill from them. Has anyone had there pedalbox done in the midlands? Where? Im in northampton, but if they're going to be difficult I don't mind driving to bedford/MK/wherever.

Cheers.

So I gave up on VW. They won. I paid out my own pocket to have the pedalbox welded by a local garage.

£115, Might have been ripped off but at least its drivable now.

Dread to think the excess wear I put on the clutch and gearbox driving it like that but I didn't have a choice. it got to the point where i have to stop the engine at lights because it was biting with the clutch flat to the floor. So either hold the car still on the bite using the brakes ( horrible) Or switch the engine off. And when I restarted the engine it would jump forwards because you had to start it in gear, good luck trying to get it into gear with the engine running! Also perfected my heel-toe double declutch technique haha.

Edited by DAS HAPPIWAGEN

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not going to be any pictures of the lower bumper for a while as I broke yet another phone. I lost one of the fogs anyway driving down some ghetto country road and there was this massive ridge spanning the width of the road, ****ted my wishbones like never before and sent the foglight bouncing down the road.

Im living in rushden now, right near santa pod, but I dont have access to the internet so I wont be updating very often.

Hahaa I think northamptonshire is pretty poor in general really!.. except thursday nights in ntown ;)

Ahhh rushdens alright......if you like skets and scummy little chavs....

Edited by DAS HAPPIWAGEN

Where did u get the club lupo sticker from mate, would like one my self :)

Tom

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=57479 there you go mate

haha i lost my parcel shelf the other day, must have left it outside my mates house while I was loading some stuff. DUH!

Edited by DAS HAPPIWAGEN

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any pictures of lupos with the mk2 GTi Bottletops? My mate has a set going at a very reasonable price, and if they look any good I could be tempted. They're currently in white, but I reckon the white against silver might be too light, I think a nice satin black would break it up better.

Bloody 60 profile tyres though!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On Joweys recommendation I had my suspension geometry aligned at a performance garage with £40k lasers and the difference is amazing. I have a new tyre on the front o/s so havent had a chance to really push it but already the difference is astounding. Feels far more planted through corners, understeeers less, and the steering feels sharp and precise.

I cant believe I drove round with -2.4 degrees camber and -0.06 degrees toe on front o/s and -1.2 with +0.06 degree toe on the n/s and wondered why it wasnt handling well. I put it down to the cheap coilovers but its pretty obvious what was up.

So, highly recommended to anyone hasnt had there suspension set up properly after fitting.

Yeah place called tyres northampton. behind matalan in sixfields, real nice new place, they have wifi for while you wait, xbox for the kids, and better decor than most clubs in n-town!

That doesnt mean they can charge me £40 for a 13" budget tyre but they did. & about £80 for the suspension geometry check and adjust.

I dont know if this is normal but it impressed me, they gave me a printout which showed how the car was set up before and after adjustment. turns out you cant guess camber angles hahaha

Edited by DAS HAPPIWAGEN

ahh sound cheers for that bit of info :)

may come in useful!

Thats a heck of a lot of money for a budget 13"!!! i paid just less than £50 each for my 14" toyos!... thats from scotts on the barrack rd

• 4 months later...

Apparently Ive made some enemies for myself living where I do now. Someone has scratched my car again. But this time they made sure they did a ****in good job. Scratches on each side going across the door and rear quarters. Deep, angry looking scratches. I dont know why I ****ing bother trying to have a nice car. might aswell just buy a corsa b for £200 and they can write there ****ing names in it for all I care.