Camera memory cards...

nfbr

Hi Guys,

Just purchased myself a Sony A200K brand new for a very reasonable price. The camera itself works with both Compact Flash and Memory Stick Duo cards, but I have seen a few reviews where people have said its best to use Compact Flash cards (no explainations were given why)

What size memory card should I be thinking about buying for this? I will be using the camera at Shows but probably not to in full size (10.2mega pixels) and would probably take no more than 100 photos before transfering them onto my mac. I'm thinking an 8gb card will be more than enough but I'm not 100% sure any more when it comes to these things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

cant help you on size but i know a cheap place to buy them from:

http://www.mobymemory.com/

Thanks Daz, I was looking at Mobymemory as I used to get other memory card off them for the various phones / cameras i've had, but comparing their prices with Amazon, Amazon seem to be coming off cheepest at the moment!

Many say that a CF card will devolop less errors.

Even the latest Nikon's still use CF, it's now very out of date but good. Can't see it makes much difference I would get a couple of 4gb ones or a couple of 2gb ones(probably not enough) depending on what you are going to do with the camera.... rather than getting a large one (thats what pro's do)... Does the Sony's firmware limit card size??

Anyways brought memory from eBay, UK sellers.

Good luck.

1x 8gb Sandisc CF "Ultra II" Memory card, and 1x 2gb Sandisc "Extreme III" Memory card that I won on eGay for £1.04p + £0.50p delivery :)

Edited by nfbr

How come you dont want to use it as a 10mp?

As for the memory cards, i have a 1gb one in my 7.1mp camera and it stores enough photos for a two week holiday. So an 8gb one should be fine. or if you want to save abit of money a 4gb would be just as good.

How come you dont want to use it as a 10mp?

As for the memory cards, i have a 1gb one in my 7.1mp camera and it stores enough photos for a two week holiday. So an 8gb one should be fine. or if you want to save abit of money a 4gb would be just as good.

I'll use it to its full capacity for specific stuff, but for taking pics of cars at shows etc, I'll stick to half size pics. Don't really need a photo bigger than 5mp anyway.