02 Lupo Broken Plastic Cover Right Turn Indicator – Flasher –Signal

DrezLupo

2002 VW Lupo. I have a broken plastic cover on my front right-turn indicator. Any ideas on: (1) How to replace it? I took a look at it this weekend and it looks like I need to remove the entire front bumper. That cannot be right! (2) Where to get a new one online? Of course I can go to the dealership, but they will probably make me buy the entire assembly! I also need to find the black plastic strip with the vents, that goes between the windshield and the wiper blades. It runs the entire length of the windshield . Bad golf-ball size hailstorm broke both things. Thanks for the help!

the top panel of the bumper comes off which has the indicators in it so you don't need to take the whole bumper off.

I found two hex screws and two clips in the center of the top panel bumper. After undoing all of those, the top panel still did not come off. It was loose, but it would come off. Did I miss something? Can you give me more instructions? Thanks.

Edited by DrezLupo

where the front panel meets the front wing it is held on by 2 plastic clips either side,you have to prise the 2 apart do not be surprised if the plastic clips break but theyare still available from volkswagen,

where the front panel meets the front wing it is held on by 2 plastic clips either side,you have to prise the 2 apart do not be surprised if the plastic clips break but theyare still available from volkswagen,

I do not see these clips looking under the hood. Do I gently pry the front panel away from the wing on the exterior of the car, while trying to avoid damaging the paint? Or am I missing something under the hood? Do I need to remove the headlamps to see these clips? Thanks again.

you will not see them from under the hood,gently prise the panel away from the wing and no you do not need to remove the lights,the center of the grill is then held in by locating lugs that you just push in towards the car/engine