Pipercross Viper Induction kit fitted :)

Drew

Yep, i fitted my viper induction kit tonight, as i got my 90 degree through the post today from John (caspergti).

I'm really pleased with it, thought i'd try something different to the BMC.

Much better throttle response, and seems to pull nice through the revs, oh and the sound aint bad either! Gives a lovely roar! :D

I bought my gti about 5-6 months ago now and its a great car as you'll all know. It came with a/c, 6 gears and FK Silveline X's, its on an 02 reg which has just hit over 42k. I was weighing up the pro's and cons of induction kits and pannel filters but decided to bite the bullet and get the viper.

When i was removing the air box i checked to see what the filter was like inside and found what looked like a new BMC pannel filter which was nice, as i nearly bought one when looking into them! :) It makes sense as when excellerating there was a slight growl (not that loud) but not what you'd expect from a standard part.

Anyway i positioned it down the right hand side of the engine bay (where the expansion tank is) and have the the cold air feed pointing towards the upper grill. Obviously i cant get it right up to the grill because of the A/C pipe but i have made a little hole and cabletied the end of the cold air feed to the pipe so its as close as it can be.

Oh i've fitted a pipercross breather filter aswell, until i decided on what catch tank to get, as i think there more effective...? and look nice under the bay to.

Just one question ive left haf the orginal cold aif feed that comes from the wheel arch in as im not sure how it comes out and dont want to break it!

Its seems to be attahced to the arch adn also there seems a bit at if the bottom of the tank attached to the chassis, can anybody give any advice of how to remove this?

Cheers

Drew

Edited by Drew
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds good matey! Did you buy the Pipercross Viper which is specificly made for the Lupo GTI or is it the universal kit? I'm looking to get one soon too!

Also, what mm is the 90 degree hose you needed and does it fit well?

Cheers dude :)

Edited by DJ TROOPA

Sounds good matey! Did you buy the Pipercross Viper which is specificly made for the Lupo GTI or is it the universal kit? I'm looking to get one soon too!

Also, what mm is the 90 degree hose you needed and does it fit well?

Cheers dude :)

It is just the universal kit, i dont think they make one specifically for the Gti......

You will need a 63mm 90 degree bend, i bought mine from John (CasperGTI) off here, if you PM him he may have one left, if not siliconehoses.com should be able to sort you out.

The hose fits nice and snug, but i've also used jubilee clips on mine as well.

Hope that helps will get a pic up soon