Problems starting, when started keeps stalling

Hi guys

Wondering if someone could help me please?

Last week, my battery was totally flat and I had to get a jump start, I just thought it was because I left my i-pod plugged in overnight :blush:

It was fine for a couple of days then went flat again :rolleyes: Every time I have left her standing fo any period of time I have to get a jump start - it revs, shudders whilst idling and then stalls again :angry: I can get the engine started but it just keeps stalling.... I've taken her out for a good drive up and down the A1 but whenever I come to a roundabout/junction she'll just stall again :(

Have replaced the battery but it's still happening... any ideas? :confused:

Thanks

thanks :) we've checked the earth and it's fine - will get it to our mechanic today cos we can't afford to have my car off the road, I'll mention the throttle body to him :)

Quick update:

My car practically died yesterday, was undriveable as the flipping thing kept stalling and our mechanic can't see car til Thursday so my husband took it round to our friend who had borrowed a full vag kit - no faults found! - so they decided to have a look at the throttle body as suggested... they got in via the air box, when lifting it they saw loads of oily muck (my car had a full service in March when it had a new filter) all over the new filter and the case.

They got some carb cleaner and a couple of rags and were spraying and wiping for ages - good news is that my car is now running ok, although it is a temporary fix until the mechanic can take it off and clean it properly.

Thanks for your help.